Health & Exercise
Options

Pole Yoga Contortion

The gym I work out at teaches all sorts of alternative fitness: barre, pole, aerial yoga, hoop, tissu, & flexibility. I just found out over the weekend that I am pregnant and I was wondering if anyone has experience with workouts like this and how much/ when to modify them. 

There's just not a whole lot of info that I'm finding on Google about the subject and it's really conflicting. Some say don't do it at all, some say it's fine just don't invert.  I noticed today in flex class that I couldn't hold my bow pose very well and I couldn't go into a full plow w/o feeling a little bit of nausea, so I modified the poses. 

I want to stay as active as possible throughout this pregnancy. Info, links, blogs are appreciated 

Re: Pole Yoga Contortion

• Options

I took pole classes when I first found out I was pregnant.  It was totally fine, at that point baby is the size of a seed so she doesn't get in the way.  The only problem I had was I got nauseous from spinning on the pole so I just took some pretzels with me to munch on when it wasn't my turn on the pole.

You can pretty much do everything you did before you were pregnant, especially in the first trimester, including abs workouts.  I was even doing handstands with no problem into my second trimester. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"