June 2011 Moms

Canine Teeth Issues?

I need some support.  Poor baby is working on her bottom two canine teeth.  She was sent home Friday afternoon for fever 101.1 but she had been crying for an hour and was fine the rest of the afternoon after I got her.  Saturday we were cranky and didn't want to eat.  Sunday was meltdown city.  Got her into extended hours as her whole face was swollen and I was worried about ear infection or something else.  Got the why did you bring her in look but  Dr did do strep test which came back negative and said if she wasn't better by Tuesday to bring her back.  Just got a call at 3:30 she has temp of 101.1 again so no more school until I get her better or what not.  I don't know what to do?  I know she is in pain.  She point to her mouth and says owie.  Any suggestions?
T Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Canine Teeth Issues?

• I'm so sorry your little one is having a hard time. Other then Tylenol and Motrin, I would do ice pops. Alexis has not started her canines yet but that is what I did with my older kids.
    photo 8a3f4637-f6fd-487c-bdde-b19837097211_zps60aae434.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image

• image tas1883:
    Inbsp;need some support.nbsp; Poor baby is working on her bottom two canine teeth.nbsp; She was sent home Friday afternoon for fever 101.1 but she had been crying for an hour and was fine the rest of the afternoon after I got her.nbsp; Saturday we were cranky and didn't want to eat.nbsp; Sunday was meltdown city.nbsp; Got her into extended hours as her whole face was swollen and I was worried about ear infection or something else.nbsp; Got the why did you bring her in look butnbsp;nbsp;Dr did do strep test which came back negative and said if she wasn't better by Tuesday to bring her back.nbsp; Just got a call at 3:30 she has temp of 101.1 again so no more school until I get her better or what not.nbsp; I don't know what to do?nbsp; I know she is in pain.nbsp; She point to her mouth and says owie.nbsp; Any suggestions?

The canines and 2 yr molars have been terrible for my LO. She has terrible diarrhea issues from it and so cranky and such rosy cheeks. i give her a little tylenol at night and that helps her sleep. GL... Its hard to see them so upset.
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage
  • The canines have been the worst for us too. He got all 4 at once and it was a terribly long process of not sleeping, diarrhea, not sleeping, not eating, not sleeping, being whiney and not sleeping. It was probably about 3 weeks of that fun-ness. He is just back to sleeping through the night for the last 5 or so nights.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Though we didn't end up with a fever, we've had the sleeping, eating, fussy diarhea issues. All 4 cainines are in now, but he's still chewing on as much of his hand as he can fit in his mouth. I'm pretty sure it's the 2 year molars now. We used the Hyland teething tablets they seemed to help, but patience and cuddling was our best bet. I hope she feels better soon hang in there! They're almost out.
  • I am not proud of how much ibuprofen I've given her the last week or so, but it definitely helps.

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Don't really have any suggestions, but the canines were the WORST for us. We started bedsharing again cause I just couldn't handle getting up with him multiple times at night for as long as it was going on. I'm very happy to be done with it for a while now I HOPE. Lol good luck momma! Teething sucks !