November 2011 Moms

Holiday outfit help

Hey ladies. Our board is sooo dead lately, so I am fulfilling my PW duties. :-) I got DD these two pieces for Christmas pictures:

Cherokee? Infant Toddler Girls' Sweater - Alamo

Cherokee? Infant Toddler Girls' Foil Jegging - Gold

They are much more gold and sparkly than the pictures show, but I am looking for a plain-ish red top to go under the sweater. Have you guys seen anything while you've been out and about lately? I really want something plain and even something that could dress this outfit up more (perhaps a ruffly flower or something like that). I am planning on getting red shoes to go with. TIA for any/all help! I'm open to suggestions too if you think something else would look cute.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Holiday outfit help

• Gymboree has lots of cute stuff (and it's on sale for the holidays).. not sure how plain you want to go but some of these have cute christmasy designs (first two are pretty much the same shirt just different shades of red)

Smocked Long Sleeve TopSmocked Long Sleeve TopGem Owl Tree Double Sleeve Top

• imagemama&baby:

Gymboree has lots of cute stuff (and it's on sale for the holidays).. not sure how plain you want to go but some of these have cute christmasy designs (first two are pretty much the same shirt just different shades of red)

Smocked Long Sleeve TopSmocked Long Sleeve TopGem Owl Tree Double Sleeve Top

Yes! The first two are perfect. I like the third a lot too, so I might just see if I like that one in person just because. :-) Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I got DS's Christmas outfit at Macy's. They have lots of holiday-ish clothes for baby.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• imagealysson.lawless:
    I got DS's Christmas outfit at Macy's. They have lots of holiday-ish clothes for baby.

No Macy's in Iowa, unfortunately. :-/ 

• imagembgreenwalt:

Funny, as soon as I read Graceful's post, I was going straight for this at Old Navy to post!  :)  It's so cute!  I love this.

Graceful - where did you find the sweater and pants?  They are really cute and a really pretty shade!

Is it me, or does Children's Place, Old Navy, Target, and other like stores not have any cute holiday dresses for a reasonable cost?  Maybe I am just having a hard time finding them or seeing their potential online. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageChan4dra04:
    imagembgreenwalt:

Funny, as soon as I read Graceful's post, I was going straight for this at Old Navy to post!  :)  It's so cute!  I love this.

Graceful - where did you find the sweater and pants?  They are really cute and a really pretty shade!

Is it me, or does Children's Place, Old Navy, Target, and other like stores not have any cute holiday dresses for a reasonable cost?  Maybe I am just having a hard time finding them or seeing their potential online. 

I found them at Target! I wanted something a bit different than the usual Christmas dress. I don't often put her in a dress and I like that I can have her wear the pieces after the holiday. Aaaaaanyway, I like this ON top too. Looks like I am headed to the mall tmrw! 

• I totally agree! That's my thing; finding an outfit/dress that she can continue wearing so that I don't throw $30 out the window.  I just can't justify it. 

Very cute Target find!  I love the pants, they look so comfy and I really love the sweater, can be dressy or cas. 

• And I totally forgot to respond to the other part of your post, Chan. I totally know where you are coming from with cute, affordable holiday clothes. This is why I went with separates. ;-) After all the searching for clothes for Ellie, I am convinced that I really need to learn how to sew and make the stuff myself. 
  • Omg...I was thinking the same thing about making clothes.  After my last post, I went looking for christmas headbands, which brought me to googling 'Chevron dress toddler' and this little thing came up on Etsy:

Girls Dress. Black Chevron Peasant Style Dress for Girls.

I so want to make this!!!!!!!  I love the mis-matchy look.  So cute.  Now I am shopping on Target and they do actually have some really cute things.  Well, they usually do but now I'm in a different frame of thinking regarding a holiday outfit.  And they have $15 gc after $75 purchase. 

Seriously, this kid is gonna break our bank account.  I need to learn how to sew in a bad way. 

• imageChan4dra04:

Omg...I was thinking the same thing about making clothes.  After my last post, I went looking for christmas headbands, which brought me to googling 'Chevron dress toddler' and this little thing came up on Etsy:

Girls Dress. Black Chevron Peasant Style Dress for Girls.

I so want to make this!!!!!!!  I love the mis-matchy look.  So cute.  Now I am shopping on Target and they do actually have some really cute things.  Well, they usually do but now I'm in a different frame of thinking regarding a holiday outfit.  And they have $15 gc after $75 purchase. 

Seriously, this kid is gonna break our bank account.  I need to learn how to sew in a bad way. 

That outfit is so friggin adorable! I wish DD still tolerated headbands. A red or green chevron dress would be SO cute for Christmas. With a headband like that with red, silver, white or gold felt flowers! Agh! I should have bought a lottery ticket last week, haha. ;-) 

• Wait for it....

Baby Headband, Headband, Children, Flower Headband, Christmas Headband, Baby, Photo Prop / Red and White Rosette Headband

Isn't she/the outfit adorable???  But still, like $36 for the dress.  I must learn to sew and then I'll be rich from Etsy.  Who needs lottery tix?! lol. 

Sofie won't do the around-the-head headbands, but she'll do big girl headbands.  She's got enough hair that it sometimes looks mop-ish if it's not pulled back somehow.  If I can get away with doing a grey sweater (that she has) and a white top (already have) then I can buy a cute xmas-y headband, like even just a red flower or something, then I just have to worry about our outfits coordinating with her.  I'm ok going semi-cas and doing cute cardis. And sweater for DH.

Are you guys getting a fam pic done?  Have you decided what you and DH will be wearing? 

• Just have to add, here's this Etsy shop that I think the chevron dress was on. 

This shop is right up my alley.  All GORGEOUS!  It makes me really motivated to want to learn to make all of these things and learn about the fabrics and all that.  But I never get any farther than wanting to learn.  lol.  It usually stops there and then I get overwhelmed at the idea and move on. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SewnNatural?page=1

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"