November 2012 Moms

Moms of boys

When you change their diaper, what do you do/use to cover their penis?

I'm using a washcloth and I hold it in place with the hand that also grabs his feet, but it seems like there has to be a better/easier way to do this.

Thanks!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

knottie formerly known as rcj2rcd

Re: Moms of boys

• I used to use one of the heavier burp cloths... the one like a cloth diaper. It stayed in place on its own a little easier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just use the old diaper. I open it so the cooler air hits him then I leave the old diaper in place while I get the new diaper ready. Then I just switch really quickly.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • I also use the washcloth maneuver. I've seen these online and starting to think they could be a worthy investment lol.

https://www.sozousa.com/product_details.aspx?ProductID=770CategoryID=5SubCategoryID=0
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • I got a "wee block" aka a "peepee teepee" to cover his man bits. They have cloth and plastic ones ... easy to wash. I dont always use it. Sometimes i just use a wipe to hold his pee pee down so he can just pee into the old diaper as im wiping. To make changing faster and lessen my odds of being peed on, i slip the new diaper under the old one. This way i can just pull the old one from under him and flip the new one up wen im done wiping :)hope this helps!

• I don't use anything actually. I just work fast. Fortunately he doesn't seem to be too sensitive to cold wipes. He has only peed 2-3 times while I've been changing him. Someone gave us a "Wee Blocker" but I never use it. 
    imageimage Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We've only been peed on once, and it was because he had the teensiest start of a rash and I wanted it to be dry before putting some cream on it and I stupidly blew on his bum. Hello pee! I generally just try to be quick about getting a diaper back on him to avoid a pee shower. :)
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary
    Visit The Nest!
  • I don't use anything. I make sure to have everything ready before I take off the old diaper - new one opened and right beside him, wipe pulled out, diaper cream open - and then move fast. If he does start to pee, I cover him with the wipe. I've had one accident when he was 5 days (not counting the 3 times he's pooped on me...that's another story!). DH is another story though...lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • image tngrl3:
    I don't use anything actually. I just work fast. Fortunately he doesn't seem to be too sensitive to cold wipes. He has only peed 2-3 times while I've been changing him. Someone gave us a "Wee Blocker" but I never use it. 

This is me to.

Little Dude '09 Littlest Dude '12
  • We just work fast around here. I try to be aware and ready and have either the diaper or wipe in my hand/control at all times, just in case. But so far the only times he has peed without a diaper on (since we have been home from the hospital) have been during bath time.

• Thanks for the tips. I'll try the heavier cloth diaper/burp cloth trick.

A is super sensitive. DH and I have been peed on multiple times, even when it was covered.

knottie formerly known as rcj2rcd

• image angielayne926:
    I just use the old diaper. I open it so the cooler air hits him then I leave the old diaper in place while I get the new diaper ready. Then I just switch really quickly.

This is what I do. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I find hat if he does pee during a change, even when I'm blocking, it still gets on the changing pad. Which is better Han me and the walls I suppose.

P.S. he peed in the bath the other day. Just this little fountain came up out of the surface. It was hilarious.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image rdmitten:
    Thanks for the tips. I'll try the heavier cloth diaper/burp cloth trick. A is super sensitive. DH and I have been peed on multiple times, even when it was covered.

we get peed on all the time, as well.  We have tried the washcloth and opening the diaper to shock with cold air, and we have the new diaper ready right away.  Those techniques usually work, but H is a crafty little guy!

image   My chart 

• I also don't use anything. Just try to work quickly. I have all the supplies right there when we start the diaper change so I can just whip the dirty one off, wipe clean and dry, diaper cream if necessary, clean diaper. Only had him pee a couple times and was able to throw a wipe over it.
    I've heard raves about the "peepee teepees", though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards