New to The Bump

Introduction

Hi ya'll im Aria! I am a student right now studying special education I have a 3 yr old daughter who is the love of my life she is expressive, beautiful, loving and silly. She also happens to have down syndrome. I have unfortunatly found myself in the position of being a single mom to her and ending up pregnant alone again.

I am not to far along into this pregnancy but have known that I cannot financially, emotionally, physically care for a special needs child and a plus one by myself. It pains me but mothering is about sacrifice and I feel that this is the ultimate one I have to make. I hope that its ok that I join this group and get to talk to some of the people involved here!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Introduction

• Welcome and I commend you for raising a child with Down's.  Are you contemplating adoption for the baby you are PG with now?
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 3/5/13  EDD:  11/14/13  C/P 3/14/13
    BFP #2: 5/15/13 EDD: 1/22/14   Adam born 12/21/13

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Yes, I don't think I can be everything that this baby deserves and still be a geeat mommy to my daughter...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I understand that. Would the father be willing to help at all?  I think if you are concerned about taking care of a special needs child and another child, the best thing you could do would be put it up for adoption.  You might want to talk to a counselor first.  I assume it would be an extremely difficult choice.
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 3/5/13  EDD:  11/14/13  C/P 3/14/13
    BFP #2: 5/15/13 EDD: 1/22/14   Adam born 12/21/13

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Aria you sound like an amazing mother. And kudos to you for recognizing the challenges you would face being a parent. I hope that you are able to make the tough decisions ahead knowing that you're giving both your daughter and unborn child a gift. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards