February 2013 Moms

Hacking up a lung/baby

Yuck! So a few weeks ago I got over a head cold... And this week I am now congested in my lungs. It sucks! Between not being able to take a cough exportant, sneezing, coughing up a lung and general belly squishiness, my stomach is getting really sore from all the exertion. Half of me wonders if I could cough the baby out. Which is total silliness. But this sucks. Again! 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hacking up a lung/baby

• I feel your pain. Normally it's just the upper abs that hurt from coughing but now it's my entire belly and my back. Boo!  I hope you feel better soon!
    --Married 4 Years - PCOS - Insulin Resistant - Irregular Cycles - TTC 24mon - Metformin - Progesterone - Phentermine - 40 pounds lost - 3 rounds Clomid - DH 1% sperm morphology - BFP June 23rd - Paxton born 2/15/2013 - August 2013 Let's Have Another Baby- Charting Cycles with OPC and Charting Temps, No Ovulation Jan- Start clomid Feb 2014  --
  • Double-check with your OB if you can take anything or do anything to help.  I called mine after a week-long cough following a head cold just to check inand not only did they tell me I could take Robitussin DM, they actually acted annoyed that I had let it go untreated for so long.  I thought the same thing as you, that I couldn't take anything.  Apparently (at least with my OB), that wasn't true.  I only took the medicine at night (when the coughing was really bad and I wasn't sleeping at all) because I still was a little skittish about the whole "medication during pregnancy" thing, and it ended up resolving after a couple of days.  When I think that I could have avoided a week's worth of pain and sleeplessness and general discomfort...ugh.  :-)  Hope you feel better soon!

• Loading the player...
  • I've been coughing for 8 weeks now. I feel your pain! My OB (and GP and ER doctor) all told me I could take Robitussin DM, so I'm pretty sure that one is safe. :) It doesn't help at all for me, but it's safe. Good luck! Hope you feel better soon.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow, you guys are lucky. Here they do not recommend any drugs for colds/coughs for pregnant women. It sucks as I'm on my second of this pregnancy!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • imageMouseInLux:
    Wow, you guys are lucky. Here they do not recommend any drugs for colds/coughs for pregnant women. It sucks as I'm on my second of this pregnancy!

so stands my issue. Last cold I asked a pharmacist about what I could take and I got a 20 minute lecture on natural cures and Neti pots. She went on about how Canada's system of rating drugs for safety were different than the USA so even though you lucky ladies can take it, here I am not so sure. My OBs office does not have a weekend line that I am aware of so I am suffering this out until Monday. I felt aweful when I wrote this yesterday, today I feel miserable. Hope the Tylenol kicks in.

But thanks for the advice to call in. I just saw them Thursday, and it started developing Thursday night. Timing couldn't be worse. I am calling Monday to see if their opinion is different from the Lecturing Pharmacist.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRosebean:

imageMouseInLux:
    Wow, you guys are lucky. Here they do not recommend any drugs for colds/coughs for pregnant women. It sucks as I'm on my second of this pregnancy!

so stands my issue. Last cold I asked a pharmacist about what I could take and I got a 20 minute lecture on natural cures and Neti pots. She went on about how Canada's system of rating drugs for safety were different than the USA so even though you lucky ladies can take it, here I am not so sure. My OBs office does not have a weekend line that I am aware of so I am suffering this out until Monday. I felt aweful when I wrote this yesterday, today I feel miserable. Hope the Tylenol kicks in.

But thanks for the advice to call in. I just saw them Thursday, and it started developing Thursday night. Timing couldn't be worse. I am calling Monday to see if their opinion is different from the Lecturing Pharmacist.  

my pharmacist said to not even use oils in inhailing water steam thing just steam and that's it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"