Parenting

FFFC

I had over 700 posts on the bump in one week.

Re: FFFC

• imageFhSTAR81:
    imageHesterlicious:
    I had over 700 posts on the bump in one week.
    golf clap

GIFSoup

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Please don't make this FFFC about oral and taylot swift. I need something interesting to read whilr my peers bore me to death with their ppt presentations.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Loading the player...
  • I missed UO yesterday-so I will add it here..Hope ya'll do not mind....

I hate just about every car insurance commercial. Especially that damn Flo, she irks the $hit out of me.... Hmm

• I am Snoopy in A Charlie Brown Christmas. I view Christmas lights as a competition. I am the reigning champion of the neighborhood and I will never be outdone. Screw the enjoyment of the children. It's all about the glory. I deserve a ribbon.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • imageKlondikeBar:
    I am Snoopy in A Charlie Brown Christmas. I view Christmas lights as a competition. I am the reigning champion of the neighborhood and I will never be outdone. Screw the enjoyment of the children. It's all about the glory. I deserve a ribbon.

Have you ever timed your lights to coordinate with music you play from a radio station you are broadcasting? You should. That would really win.

image image
  • My kid likes Trick Daddy's "I'm a Thug."
    "To me, you are perfect."

• imagePfft:
    Confession: I never decorate for the Holidays; I just DGAF. Smile

I wholeheartedly agree. It took until I kid for me to get a tree and now I am trying to get it up (and my wallet open) to purchase some sort of outdoor decoration. But I'd really like to spend my money elsewhere, 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DH just interviewed at a program directly in between our parents, so an hour and a half from each.

I told him really bluntly that if we go there, I do not want to feel the obligation to travel to all parents every single holiday.

I didn't say more than that, but he knew I was talking about his mom, and told me we'd tell her we couldn't travel that much. I would like to be near family but do NOT want the guilt to travel every single holiday. She whines now that we're so far away so don't see her on Easter, July 4th, Labor Day, Halloween, and so forth.

If we are closer, it'll be a real shock that she still doesn't see us on every single one of those days.

image image
  • Whenever I see those "I judge" threads on the pregnancy boards, I just want to pat them all on the head, real condescending-like, and say, "Just you wait, darlin'!"
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMackalien13:

imageKlondikeBar:
    I am Snoopy in A Charlie Brown Christmas. I view Christmas lights as a competition. I am the reigning champion of the neighborhood and I will never be outdone. Screw the enjoyment of the children. It's all about the glory. I deserve a ribbon.

This is my husband. He is currently engaged in a man-petition with our across the street neighbor. We are on round 3 of going back to Home Depot for more Xmas lights. 

This cracks me up.

image image
  • I made DH go to DS' DCP's "parent/teacher conferences" alone so I could stay at home and work.  I did a few minutes of work, but now I'm on TB.  Why do I suck at life?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I drank pretty much constantly over the Thanksgiving holiday.  Like, to the point that I felt pretty guilty about it.  I actually don't drink very often.  But we had a housefull at my ILs and it was very much a party atmosphere for four days straight.   
  • Even before I missed so much day time bumping, I was skipping the UO and FFFC threads regardless of how many responses there were in it. Seems like the same old same old stuff that we would go on about and I just dont have the energy to get worked up and read 5 pages of "I dont wear pantyhose" or "candycorn sucks" (it does).

I also wanna confess HOW MUCH I MISS YOU GUISE!!!!!!!!!!

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imageMollusksWrangler:
    imagecruelsound:
    Sometimes I wish that I could just leave my family and move into a place by myself.
    You should get a "work space" in Ohio. I know cool people there.

Or just over the border into Michigan - that's where the action is.

• how can you not decorate for Christmas

Do you even believe in GOD. It's his birthday!!

• imagecruelsound:
    Sometimes I wish that I could just leave my family and move into a place by myself.

And then in the next minute we're wanting another baby. It's bizarre how our minds work sometimes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I give Adair beanie weenies once a week and she freaking loves them.

• imageMackalien13:

imageKlondikeBar:

This is my husband. He is currently engaged in a man-petition with our across the street neighbor. We are on round 3 of going back to Home Depot for more Xmas lights. 

My neighbors know better by now. I am an exterior illumination goddess. I'm a little sad that we won't be here next year to one up the assholios in my vicinity. Maybe we should just keep the house and I can pay someone to follow my Christmas light diagram every year. Too much?

• Ive been using Santa to get my kid to go to bed.  If she gets out of bed , I tell her that I am gonna call Santa and tell him not to come and give her any presents.  The worst part is that I really enjoy the pouty lips and tears because she becomes the complete opposite of herself when I play the Santa card.
  • Welp, I just realized I have another, embarassing confession to share.

I've shared a UO about how I want to bring scrunchies back (but not really) because I have one that I sleep in and work out in and it's comfortable in my hair, etc.

Well, this morning I was running late and my hair wasn't all the way dry when I put it up in the little knot/bun I wear everyday, so I wrapped the scrunchie around it so the ends would dry a little neater, with every intention of removing it before I left the house.

Then my coworker just told me she likes my scrunchie (liar).

I AM MORTIFIED.  I wore the scrunchie into Betsy's daycare, chatted with her teacher and some of the moms, wore it into Starbucks where I saw a couple of girls I know from Junior League, etc.

Now I will always be known as the girl who wears scrunchies in public.  OMG.

• FFFC: Profit is not an evil word. Profit is what allows a company to hire more people, create jobs etc. If a company made no profit- how would they pay you? A company exists to make money. Not to give people jobs. 

• I bought Christmas gifts for the kids at Toys r Us. The other day I went to Once Upon a Child resale store and spent 100 on toys and I am going to take the Toys r Us toys back.

My kids are too young to know the difference between used and new toys and I am too cheap to spend hundreds of dollars on toys they may or may not play with. Plus, the used toys are in great condition!!!!
  • imageLoisLane23:

I really hate Kitiara's siggy.

Before anyone gets pissy and calls me a homophobe, I'm not. I just don't like to see people making out every time I scroll past something she says. I would also hate 2 straighty's going at it.

+1

• imageLoisLane23:

Before anyone gets pissy and calls me a homophobe, I'm not. I just don't like to see people making out every time I scroll past something she says. I would also hate 2 straighty's going at it.

+1

• imageMrsEll:
    imageLoisLane23:

I hate just about every siggy.&nbsp;

My siggys expression is telling you what he thinks about that.
  • imagescoutkate:

Welp, I just realized I have another, embarassing confession to share.

I've shared a UO about how I want to bring scrunchies back (but not really) because I have one that I sleep in and work out in and it's comfortable in my hair, etc.

Well, this morning I was running late and my hair wasn't all the way dry when I put it up in the little knot/bun I wear everyday, so I wrapped the scrunchie around it so the ends would dry a little neater, with every intention of removing it before I left the house.

Then my coworker just told me she likes my scrunchie (liar).

I AM MORTIFIED.  I wore the scrunchie into Betsy's daycare, chatted with her teacher and some of the moms, wore it into Starbucks where I saw a couple of girls I know from Junior League, etc.

Now I will always be known as the girl who wears scrunchies in public.  OMG.

• imageBostonKisses2:
    7:30 AM EST? nbsp;Really? nbsp;Geeze, I'm on the east coast and still wasn't on that early!My confession is super lame: I keep thinking today is Saturday. nbsp;My H had a day off yesterday, and I kept thinking he took the day on a Friday. nbsp;I like it when he has a day off, especially at this time of year, but dmn it throws off my entire week.nbsp;

I had to do it. It's usually 3 to 5 pages by the time I get up. I had to grab the rare moment when I saw it. Plus there's the whole posting addiction thing.
  • imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageEllaHella:
    imageHilarityEnsued:

imageBlueRidge8:
    I give Adair beanie weenies once a week and she freaking loves them.

What is a beanie weenie?  A toy? A veggie hot dog? Something even more exciting?

How do you not know this?  Are you communist or something?

Apparently... so it's hot dogs and baked beans cooked together?  Interesting.  DS is in an ongoing cold war against vegetables, so I'm always on the lookout for new things to attempt to feed him.  He's revolting against veggies by smashing them in his hand and then smearing them in his hair.  Good times.

She gets it honestly. I used to eat them cold as a kid (by choice).

• My level of excitement for the new season of Curious George next week on PBS is really embarrassing.
  • imageEllaHella:
    imageRockyTopVols:

FFFC: Profit is not an evil word. Profit is what allows a company to hire more people, create jobs etc. If a company made no profit- how would they pay you? A company exists to make money. Not to give people jobs. 

Yes, to a degree.  But the caveat to my agreeance are oil companies who jack up prices while making record profits at the same time. 

Show your work please.

I keep hearing "oil companies and record profits", but tbh, I haven't had anyone give me actual numbers and cite actual income statements. Every now and then someone will throw out an opinion news piece from their favorite political leaning website, but.. I am more interested in numbers than rhetoric.

I am asking because I haven't looked it up myself and I don't know. And I figure since you feel this way, you had to see it from a credible source. Share please! 

• I wish DS went to daycare so they could help with potty training. The pressure is all on me & I hate it
  • Profit doesn't bother me. 

Blatant greed does 

my confession:  I just double parked and left my kids in the car GASP so I could take the dog into the groomers

• imageBlueRidge8:
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageEllaHella:
    imageHilarityEnsued:

imageBlueRidge8:
    I give Adair beanie weenies once a week and she freaking loves them.

What is a beanie weenie?  A toy? A veggie hot dog? Something even more exciting?

How do you not know this?  Are you communist or something?

Apparently... so it's hot dogs and baked beans cooked together?  Interesting.  DS is in an ongoing cold war against vegetables, so I'm always on the lookout for new things to attempt to feed him.  He's revolting against veggies by smashing them in his hand and then smearing them in his hair.  Good times.

She gets it honestly. I used to eat them cold as a kid (by choice).

I LOVED these as a kid!

• imagerobinsokj:

Profit doesn't bother me. 

Blatant greed does 

What is the threshold for "too much" profit?  10%? 25%? 100%? Abazzillion%? 

• imageRockyTopVols:
    imagerobinsokj:

Profit doesn't bother me. 

Blatant greed does 

What is the threshold for "too much" profit?  10%? 25%? 100%? Abazzillion%? 

Blantant greed- bankers who know damn well people can't afford their mortgages and give them away anyhow and walla forclosures galore

• There's a big difference between just happening to make big money, and making big money by shady practices. 
  • imageRockyTopVols:
    imageEllaHella:
    imageRockyTopVols:

FFFC: Profit is not an evil word. Profit is what allows a company to hire more people, create jobs etc. If a company made no profit- how would they pay you? A company exists to make money. Not to give people jobs. 

Yes, to a degree.  But the caveat to my agreeance are oil companies who jack up prices while making record profits at the same time. 

Show your work please.

I keep hearing "oil companies and record profits", but tbh, I haven't had anyone give me actual numbers and cite actual income statements. Every now and then someone will throw out an opinion news piece from their favorite political leaning website, but.. I am more interested in numbers than rhetoric.

I am asking because I haven't looked it up myself and I don't know. And I figure since you feel this way, you had to see it from a credible source. Share please! 

Technically I can't recommend it because I haven't read it yet, but this book is on my Christmas list and I think it might be applicable in pointing out the times the profit is not ok: https://www.amazon.com/What-Money-Cant-Buy-Markets/dp/0374203032

For the record, I'm not anti-profit, but I recognize that there are times when making a profit is wrong.

ETA:  And that's a P&R because I'm off to meet about a grant for the non-profit I volunteer for!   Maybe I'm am anti-profit after all?  ;)

• imageEllaHella:

https://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/28/business/la-fi-oil-refineries-20110429

This is reported quite frequently (like everytime profits are announced) in major for real news outlets. 

lol at the "for real news outlets".  

So what is your ideal solution? Government stepping in and regulating prices?

I am not disagreeing that the practice of gasoline costs is shady and in need of reform.

I am not saying government regulation is a bad thing either. How would it be regulated though. If they pay _____ per barrel of oil, then they can't exceed a certain amount? More goes into it than the cost of oil. It costs money to refine it. And pay the people who refine it. And do R&D. etc etc etc etc. 

I know the traditional Supply & Demand model doesn't exactly equate in the gasoline scenario because most people, especially here in the US, are dependent on it and don't have a choice.

So how does the market change to make it fair for consumers and producers?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"