April 2013 Moms

Quit telling me I'm small!

I am so sick of people (family, friends, and strangers alike) telling me lately that I'm small for being as far along as I am.  I have a small frame with a VERY noticeable bump.  I'm right on track with my weight gain and their comments make me feel like I'm doing something wrong.  I just want to tell them to booger off and kiss my bump!!! Stick out tongue

Re: Quit telling me I'm small!

• This is me too. I was very slim to begin with but my bump is very noticeable. One of my extended family members told me I look like a starving African kid with a bloated belly on Thanksgiving. I was pissed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagetondraluv:
    This is me too. I was very slim to begin with but my bump is very noticeable. One of my extended family members told me I look like a starving African kid with a bloated belly on Thanksgiving. I was pissed.

WTF is wrong with people! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I think it is just people's way of trying to give a compliment.  Like when they say "you're all baby".  Still can be annoying though
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • People say very dumb things to pregnant women. Why even comment on our size? You (normally) wouldn't do it if we weren't pregnant!

• I got that a lot with my first pregnancy.  It made me worry all the time.  Now people tell me I'm big and look further along and ask me if I'm sure there's only one, since I was so much smaller with my first.

I liked the small comments better.

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • It is meant to be taken as a compliment, so even though it sounds annoying and you want to protest that you are doing everything right, try to just hear it as "You look great!" - which is the only thing people really should ever say to a pregnant woman, as we will take everything the wrong way!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • People can be so rude. 
  • imageblueandgray:

It is meant to be taken as a compliment, so even though it sounds annoying and you want to protest that you are doing everything right, try to just hear it as "You look great!" - which is the only thing people really should ever say to a pregnant woman, as we will take everything the wrong way!

Love this! Big Smile

I know I should take it as a compliment.  It bothered me most when my grandma said it, because she actually sounded disappointed.  I love my new shape, so I really just need to focus on that!

• I get the same thing! I was about 10# over what I normally am when I got pregnant. My metabolism liking me being pregnant and trying to work out has kept my weight gain down to 4-5# at 21 weeks. I measure right on target though and my doc isn't worried. I try not to take it personally and would LOVE to be all belly. ;)
  • I wish ppl would just stop over observing pregnant women.  For the first 15 weeks everyone kept telling me I was so big and probably having twins.  Now, everyone is telling me I'm small.  I haven't changed anything.  My mother in law even says something everytime I eat a something sweet or unhealthy.  I'm learning to just ignore people and enjoy my pregnancy.  The only opinion I need to listen to is my doctor!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I take it as a compliment. I figure I have plenty of time to look and feel huge. Being small means less annoying pregnancy symptoms. I love it.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've gotten this a lot this past week. It made me really sad, because I thought my bump was a good size. My A/S isn't until Monday and I am extremely worried something is  wrong.
    Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image
  • Some one told me this the other day. Went to the dr and i am measureing 28 weeks even though I am only 21 weeks along. People don;t know what they are talking about
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used to work out side the home and for my first pregnancy I got the opposite!  Everyone felt the need to tell me how huge I was and how I must be due any day and how I was having twins for sure!  I actually had to ask a women to leave the store because she was telling me to get a second ultrasound to make sure I as only carrying one!  I only put on 22 lbs for the entire pregnancy and was all baby out front.  People should think about how it sounds before they speak out loud.... I feel your pain from the opposite side of the sound board to how people should keep it to them selves.  The funny thing is my son was only 8lbs 12.2 oz, and my second child was 9 lbs 8 oz and I was bigger with her.  I am just glad I decided to work from home for that one or it may have got ugly with some customers  LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"