Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

tormenting the baby already!

My boyfriend is super excited to interact with the baby and it's driving him nuts that at 16 weeks he can't feel the baby move yet. The other day we read that the baby can sense light now and it will move away from a light held hear my belly. That night, Bob came to bed armed with a flashlight. He spent 5 minutes poking me in the belly with the flashlight saying "Hey baby, how ya doing in there?". Even though he couldn't feel the movements I think he was satisfied knowing that he had "played" with the baby. I think our baby is in for a lot more tormenting in the months ahead!!

Re: tormenting the baby already!

• Options
    If he thinks that's cool, have him try this.  For my last two kids I would sing "Twinkle, Twinkle" just about every day several times a day.  Minutes after they were born I sang it to them again and it was so cool to see them emediately calm down, lock their eyes on mine, and recognize the song and my voice...talk about bonding.
  • Options
    Very cool! I will have to come up with a song to sing to him/her and I will definitely do it! :) thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"