Connect with Pampers

Pampers Swaddlers

I got the Pampers Swaddlers 24hr as a gift. I got tons of them. I don't like them. I've had so many blow outs with them because they don't absorb the liquid poop. It's gross. Is there something to do about this? I thought about just giving them all away. Is there a type that is better? Or should I just switch to a new brand like I plan too.

Re: Pampers Swaddlers

• I use Pampers Cruisers and we rarely have a blowout-- if it does happen it's normally because the diaper wasn't put on right.
  • image DFWIndian:
    I got the Pampers Swaddlers 24hr as a gift. I got tons of them. I don't like them. I've had so many blow outs with them because they don't absorb the liquid poop. It's gross. Is there something to do about this? I thought about just giving them all away. Is there a type that is better? Or should I just switch to a new brand like I plan too.

What is swaddlers 24hr? Make sure you have the leg gussets flipped out and not tucked in. We never had a problem with liquid breast fed poo leaking in swaddlers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Gilene2011:
    image DFWIndian:
    What is swaddlers 24hr? Make sure you have the leg gussets flipped out and not tucked in. We never had a problem with liquid breast fed poo leaking in swaddlers.

Ditto - what is Swaddlers 24hr?  I also totally agree - make sure the leg gussets are flipped out.  Swaddlers were absolutely brilliant for DD & we've already stocked up for #2 - there isn't another diaper I'd use, but that's just my 2c worth.  The other question I have - how long are you keeping them on your LO before changing?  Are you watching the strip turn colour, or waiting longer than that?  Also - most important - how much does your LO weigh?  DD was just over 10lbs and she had one blowout in the newborn.  We immediately switched up to size 1, and no more problems.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have never heard of 24 hour either. Hmmm.....

• If we start having tons of blowouts, it is our sign to switch to the next size. We are almost done with our newborns for dd because she is starting to have problems. FTR, I've liked the fit of Pampers much better than the other brands I tried with ds until size three. It didn't seem to matter as much then. GL. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image jp03:

image Gilene2011:
    image DFWIndian:

Ditto - what is Swaddlers 24hr?  I also totally agree - make sure the leg gussets are flipped out.  Swaddlers were absolutely brilliant for DD & we've already stocked up for #2 - there isn't another diaper I'd use, but that's just my 2c worth.  The other question I have - how long are you keeping them on your LO before changing?  Are you watching the strip turn colour, or waiting longer than that?  Also - most important - how much does your LO weigh?  DD was just over 10lbs and she had one blowout in the newborn.  We immediately switched up to size 1, and no more problems.

Sorry I meant 12 hours, but she never stays in them that long. She wears size 1 right now since she is 11lbs. These don't have a strip that changes colors. I do flip out the little leg things because I noticed that early on.

I don't know what I'm doing differently then everyone else.

• They don't have the color changing line on them?  I would call Pampers and explain your issues with them.  If all the diapers have been from one box/bag, I would wonder if something was wrong with that box/bag.  I have never seen Swaddlers that don't have the color changing line.  We also never had any issues with BM poop....I hope you are able to get it figured out!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think she means she has pampers baby dry 12 hours. They don't have the color indicatior and yes they won't contain poo as well as pampers swaddlers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image DFWIndian:

Yikes, sorry to hear about this & I want to help!  As the other mommies mentioned it's possible your LO may have out grown the absorbency protection of that size and need to move up.  Please grab a diaper and give us a ring so we can learn more and help you 877-256-3265  -Heather At Pampers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards