Baby Showers

Baby Shower after how many years??

I had my first child over 7 years ago and had a wonderful baby shower. When I found out that I was pregnant with my second a few of my new coworkers bought a cake and we had a great afternoon sharing each other's company. I asked them not to purchase gifts for me because, even thought I was having a baby of the opposite sex than the first, I didn't feel like I needed anything (and I honestly didn't think it was right). After my daughter I decided that I didn't want to have anymore children so I donated everything baby that I had. I just recently found out that I am pregnant again (5 years later) and I'm not sure if I should accept another shower. 

Re: Baby Shower after how many years??

• If it makes you uncomfortable don't accept it. People might not offer one. Just buy what you need and if someone offers decide what you would like to do.

EDIT Everyone is going to have different opinions. Do most people you know have showers in situations like yours? Do people you know only have one shower? Do what is usually done.

eDIT to fix a word

• If someone offers and you feel comfortable then you can accept. I think the wide range between children would make it acceptable. I would keep both the registry and the shower small.

I am curious why you are asking if you didn't feel right having a shower for your other children? Have your feelings on it changed or just now you feel the pinch and want gifts?

Even if I think it wouldn't be a horrible idea I have this sneaking suspicion you still feel its "not right" but want some goods. Its not your friends/family's fault that you chunked your baby stuff. If someone offers, ok, but otherwise look at other ways to provide things for your new addition.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with it but I know that in other groups it would be fine. In my circle you only get one baby shower because that's for the parents and we celebrate babies after they're born.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageblush64:

If it makes you uncomfortable don't accept it. People might not offer one. Just buy what you need and if someone offers decide what you would like to do.

EDIT Everyone is going to have different opinions. Do most people you know have showers in situations like yours? Do people you know only have one shower? Do what is usually done.

eDIT to fix a word

I agree with this.   I also believe that as long as the same people are not invited to more then one shower (including the one you had with your DD) except the grandmothers and maybe your sister...then it is OK.

I cannot believe how many people give the excuse..."I wasn't planning to have ANY more children...but guess what?...I'm pg again 5, 7, 12 years later!"

• I am wondering because I have an entirely new set of friends, new job, and a DH (and it' his first, so a new family). Everyone is very excited and a few have already said that they want to have a shower for me later. My family is very much against more than one shower, but I have mixed feelings on it. Financially I do not need the gifts, I just mostly do not want to offend his mother since this is her first grandchild. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"