Parenting after 35

Being a big brother

It's not going as well as the first few months led me to believe they would be.

DS1, who was barely touched by the terrible 2's, has turned into a handful. Fighting, PTing regression, tantrums... What happened to my sweet boy?Crying

Re: Being a big brother

• Dingos got him.

• imagegimmietimmies:

Dingos got him.

Hahahaaaaaa
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll trade you for a 2 year old , who shrieks. M & J can play at the train table, and give me some peace. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've always heard that 3s are worse than 2s!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'll trade you M for L. Teenagers are obnoxious. I want my sweet boy back.
  • Thank you ladies, for further convincing me that we should be a "one and done" family!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehijoi:
    Oh Stever, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was ready to sell Nathaniel to the circus last week. My sweet boy is a terror with a smart mouth and I just want my good boy back.
    Oh no! You too, Joi? Maybe it's because all our LO's are about the same age and now that the novelty's worn off N and M aren't having it :(
  • imagemwd:

I'll trade you for a 2 year old , who shrieks. M & J can play at the train table, and give me some peace. 

I hated the shrieking phase. My eardrums still hurt.
  • imageStrunella:
    I've always heard that 3s are worse than 2s!
    Definitely true for us. Serves me right for feeling smug.
  • imagegimmietimmies:
    I'll trade you M for L. Teenagers are obnoxious. I want my sweet boy back.
    No thank you. Teenagers ARE obnoxious.
  • imagebenniferbaby:
    Thank you ladies, for further convincing me that we should be a "one and done" family!
    Yes
  • imagestever:
    imagebenniferbaby:
    Thank you ladies, for further convincing me that we should be a "one and done" family!
    Yes
    LOL, it's not that bad. What bothers me right now is sometimes I wish away part of a phase, and then kick myself later for wishing away things. They are little for too short a time. I really do want my little boy back. Heck, I'd take the whining and shrieking (but I have to remind myself of this when the girls do it).
  • imagegimmietimmies:
    imagestever:
    imagebenniferbaby:
    Yes
    LOL, it's not that bad. What bothers me right now is sometimes I wish away part of a phase, and then kick myself later for wishing away things. They are little for too short a time. I really do want my little boy back. Heck, I'd take the whining and shrieking (but I have to remind myself of this when the girls do it).
    That is defintely true. For all the whining, screaming and tantrums I still can't imagine when they're older and more independent.

• If at any point you feel like things are getting worse and coming to a head, especially when out in public, just remember "Your parents were cool once, they got this way by having YOU!" - - well - - when they get to be teenagers and trying to be cool in front of all their friends, you get to do the PJ's and embarrassing stories...  It's called PAYBACK!!

It only gets worse the larger the age gap...  There are days when I could give DD away, then others that she's a sweet bean...  Mostly it's an overly conscious effort to give her some time with just Mom or Dad...  Does that work - sometimes..but most of the time ugh... <sigh>

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestever:
    imageStrunella:
    I've always heard that 3s are worse than 2s!
    Definitely true for us. Serves me right for feeling smug.

This was so me when DD#1 hit 3.  She was a delightful 2 and I was blindsided!

I was prepared for DD#2 to hit the 3's.

I was NOT prepared for DD#3 to experience the horrid 1's.  The 2's are going well, but I'm not looking forward to this child hitting the 3's. . . we barely survived the 1's - I guess God is giving us a year to recoup! LOL! 

imageimage
  • My boys did not do too bad at the age of 2.  More like when they became 6 and 4.  The older brother loved his younger brother until the younger brother hit 4 then I noticed that they were having a hard time getting along.   So I started a game with them saying oh no the meanies beanies got you.  So I would tickle them until they started to laugh and my youngest one would come up to me and tell me how his older brother had the meanie beanies in him so I would look at the older one and tell him I am getting the meanie beanies and he would try to hide and I would get him and tickle him and he would tell me to get the younger brother and I would do the same with him.  Then they would tell me to throw them in the trash (meanie beanies) or throw them outside of the house.   Even today now that they are 8 and 6 it does still work.   I try to find humor in as much as I can.  They do get disciplined when needed but I do try to find some humor to make them stop and realize that fighting or arguing is a waste of time.    
  • We also thought 2 was nothing, but 3.5 hit us hard!!! Good luck.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"