3rd Trimester
Options

Supervisor told her to start 'training my breasts not to make milk'

https://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/california-teacher-sues-school-district-over-breastfeeding-rights-201500784.html

Ok, this is ridiculous. Sorry I couldn't make it clicky. Basically this ladies supervisor told her to start training her breast not to make milk during her work time so she wouldn't have to pump and to essentially starve her child for those hours. Just thought I'd share. I hope most supervisors aren't like this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Supervisor told her to start 'training my breasts not to make milk'

• Options
    hope she wins. lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    me too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLadynikon:
    hope she wins. lol

Yes 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    Although I haven't this problem (SAHM) I hope she wins her lawsuit - big time and that her supervisor's job is completely eliminated as a result ... people like that have NO business-right being in a position of authority - what's so ever ... IMO!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wow, how ignorant. 

I'm always so saddened by stories like this.  It's such an unfair position to put the mother in when the laws are very clearly in their favor on the issue.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Geeze, what a b!tch! I hope the mama wins, too - and makes enough that she can choose whether she even wants to work the first years of her baby's life ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, my supervisor (who was ALSO a new mom) decided that since she had stopped pumping at 6 months that I should, too (at least this was the feeling I got.) At one point she kind of rolled her eyes and said, "How long are you going to keep doing this?" I just stared at her until she realized that she had overstepped and said "Oh nevermind." The same woman asked me if I was dilated when I told her I was worried about them not having a sub lined up for me, yet.

Oh, and I also got to pump in a bathroom. Joy. Any wonder I eventually decided to SAH? 

Blech.

• Options

Wow, that is terrible. I hope she wins. The sad part about it is she worked with babies. the daycare should know how important it is to breastfeed.

I'm glad I don't have that issue. My company received an award for their company breastfeeding-friendly. My boss was also a former president of the committee that promoted breastfeeding awareness.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"