1st Trimester

driving myself nuts

anyone else get these thoughts that a wrong turn or bend and baby will be gone? i know its irrational to think that but i cant get those thoughts outta my head!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: driving myself nuts

• Yup everytime I hit a bump in the road in my car, I cringe thinking that I may have shaken the baby out of place...or when I sleep on my stomach, etc.

The thing that I've come to realize is that as small as this little creature is inside of me, it's protected and safe inside there, and there's no way I can avoid every bump in the road or sleep on my back at all times, so I'm trying not to stress about it.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Loading the player...
  • I have the exact same thoughts!  I'm stressing and then think I should stop but then go right back to it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just want to say that you need to not worry so much. I slept on my stomach until I was 24 weeks along (and then it got wayy to uncomfortable) and I am a dance/cheer instructor at a summer camp, obviously this summer was a little more complicated seeing as i was 3-5 months pregnant, but I still did a lot of tumbling and and jumping and LO is fine. I'm not suggesting that you go jump on a trampoline or anything - but driving, bending over, laying on your stomach, etc - is not going to hurt your LO. It would take a blunt force trauma to do any damage, and even then - my sister was in a car wreck when she was 3 months along and she has a very happy healthy 17 month old boy. Congrats and good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi there, I just found out last week I was pregnant after taking 4 pregnancy tests which all turned out to be positive and a few days of implantation spotting.  I had my blood work done on Tuesday with confirmation that I am indeed pregnant but I got freaked out because my hcg was only at 142 which they said was a wonderful number but I thought was way too low.  I've been driving myself nuts as well and actually spent all day yesterday crying because I didn't feel any symptoms yet so I was convinced I had miscarried.  Today is another day though and one of my breasts is sore so I'm holding on to that with all that I have in me!!! LOL

I've had 2 chemical pregnancies and find myself in the washroom every 5 minutes expecting that my period has started.  This was my second IVF attempt and I don't think I could bring myself to do it again, it's really draining and difficult so there's a lot riding on this pregnancy.  I find that my religion and spirituality have helped me thus far and I just hope that it carries me through to the end. 

• Your worries will fade drastically when you hear that tiny heart beat for the first time. Also, your uterus is still settled in safely behind your pelvic bone...baby is safe :)
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"