Blended Families
Options

Damage from the storm

Because we had been without electric from 10/29 until 11/4 and then from Nov 7 until Nov 9 there is still so much from the storm that I have not seen. And so many areas are still closed off to all or to all but residents so even areas that are only 15 min away I cannot see yet. Here was an article I just saw about my hometown which is about 30 min from where I live now. I did not grow up near the water it is on the central East Coast part of NJ that pinches in. https://msub.gmnews.com/node/70054

It boggles my mind how widespread the damage is and how bad. Like l said before, we were lucky and all we lost was our food from the power loss, my neighborhood was actually harder hit by last weeks storms since we got 9 inches of wet heavy snow on trees with leaves, there are free branches all over the streets still. No point to this but just my craziness.
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Damage from the storm

• Options
    I am on my phone so can't see your link bc it's not clicky for me... what town did you grow up in? I am also in nj and have relatives that lost their homes in ocean cty. It's terrible. We lost power for one week and dd missed school for two... we lost one window. I consider us v lucky.
  • Options

I am glad to hear that you are ok.

I was one of the responders earlier  this month and it amazed me to see the joint efforts between FEMA and the military  to prepare and react to the outages and damages. I am happy that I was able to be a part of restoring power and hope the continued efforts are successful.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSigir:
    I am on my phone so can't see your link bc it's not clicky for me... what town did you grow up in? I am also in nj and have relatives that lost their homes in ocean cty. It's terrible. We lost power for one week and dd missed school for two... we lost one window. I consider us v lucky.

I grew up in Old Bridge but not near the bay so I do not even really consider that side to be Old Bridge. Most of the news coverage I have seen has been of Seaside, LBI, the barrier islands have you ever used that term before three weeks ago, it is now so common and totally was not before, and Belmar. I live about 15 from Belmar now. Where are you?
  • Options
    I agree it is so weird to hear everyone saying the barrier islands. I said to dh, where are we, South Carolina or something? It does not sound like nj! My cousins house was in seaside heights, other cousin in ortley so it's terrible for them. :

I live in union county nj.
  • Options
    Auntie, do you know where they are bring them to? I have some clothes new and used and toiletries that I wanted to donate and I cannot believe how hard it is to find a place to take stuff.
  • Options
    I actually bought a bunch of men's boxers and deodorant to drop off. I did not realize they were still doing it in the park, I will drag the kids there. Thanks
  • Options
    I cannot even imagine the devastation.  we are in MA, so we were hit with both storms, but fortunately not a ton of damage. hopefully now that power is mostly restored everything else will start falling into place

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"