Birth Stories

Isabella Kay's story

Let me start off by saying getting pregnant took me completely by surprise.  But it was the easiest pregnancy.  I had not one of the usual symptoms and other than some swelling, I had nothing to complain about.  At 36 weeks my doctor did the internal exam and I wasn't dialated at all or effaced.  Every week after that, it was the same story until 41 weeks.  At my 41 week appointment, I was dissappointed that I got the same news.  We discussed possibly inducing but then we both agreed that I would go to 42 weeks.  Then when I was checking out and making my next appointment, the nurse said congratulations!  I was like why?  She told me I was going to the hospital for induction.  I was very confused so I asked to talk to the doctor but he had already gone in to see another patient.  I went along with it and called my husband and told him that we had to be at the hospital at 7 pm that night (10/23/12). 

Once there, I get registered and in the L&D room and by 9 pm that night, cervadil was started.  At 6 am on 10/24/12, the nurse started pitocin and my doctor came by to check me.  Still not dialated and only about 20% effaced.  Bummer!!!  At 10:30 am, I was finally dialated enough to break my water, but the doctor still couldn't feel the baby's head.  I told him to go for it.  Naturally, there was muconium and I thought for sure I was headed for a C-Section.  Nope, as long as the baby was not in distress, they were doing to let things progress.  I was having contractions every 2 minutes but never felt any of them.  Then about 3:00 pm I started feeling them.  They were only mild but enough to be uncomfortable.  By this time I was only dialated to about three and only about 50% effaced.  The nurse tells me to get out of bed and walk but when I tried that, the babys' HR dropped and my skyrocketed.  So on my left side I stayed until 6:00 pm when I finally asked for an epidural.  I got it and still made no progress.  At 9:00 that night, by doc realized I wasn't going to progress and decided it was time to get the baby out.  So off to have a Csection I was.

At 10:30 pm on October 24, 2012 Isabella Kay was born.  My hubby said they barely had her head out and she was already screaming and continued to do so for the entire 45 minutes it took to finish me up.  I didn't get to meet her until I was wheeled in to recovery.  She was a whopping 8lbs 14 oz and 20 inches long.  She was beautiful.  Unfortunately, the pain meds and anesthesia made me so sick I didn't get to hold here until the following afternoon.  When I did it was magic.  Three weeks later we are home and getting along just fine.  I am still trying to recover and get back into the groove of things but I can't imagin my life any different.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image

Re: Isabella Kay's story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"