November 2012 Moms

Those trying to limit or who intend to limit screen time

What are you doing to keep occupied, especially during marathon feeding sessions? 

Looking for ideas now that DH isn't home for me to talk to.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
image image

Re: Those trying to limit or who intend to limit screen time

• I loaded up my kindle a few weeks ago. I prefer real books, but nursing with a book is much more complicated than nursing with a kindle.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
    AngelSmitty: This reminds me of something my college Human Sexuality professor used to say in class.  "Sex is between the legs.  Gender is between the ears."
  • I read lots of books when DS was a newborn.  I also did get online some, which I recognize is screen time, but at least not tv with noise and stuff.   Listened to lots of music. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks I have some books on my iPad but I haven't quiet mastered the art of holding her and it yet. 

i work at home on my computer and am hoping to have her in a moby while I work occasionally, I also figured a screen full of code was not so bad as a tv with all noise and flashing lights and I'd rather spend the time with her than have her in another room with a monitor.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    image image
  • When I had my son I put an iPod docking station near the rocking chair in his room and also a phone charger.  To be honest I didn't really use my phone too much and instead spent the time singing to talking with him.  You'll be surprised at how fast the time goes by.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a lot of radio podcasts, particularly BBC documentary stuff. I already put these sorts of things on while I'm doing housework, and husband and I listen to them too. Might give me something to chatter about to the kidlet, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker