October 2012 Moms

Peeing in the Tub

Peeing in the Tub

So question, LO pees in the tub in the middle of bath time. What do you do?

Cooper's done it a few times on me, usually right at the end of bath time, so I leave him in there and finish. He did it the other day when DH was on duty and DH insisted on taking him out and refilling the tub.

Just curious what everyone else does. 

Cooper Thomas | 08.02.12 at 31w2d | 3lb 9oz
TTC #2 since 10.13

image image image image

Re: Peeing in the Tub

• We would just leave it.  We wouldn't even know if our little girl peed in the tub as she doesn't pee upwards.  The one time we emptied and refilled the tub was when DS pooped in the tub lol
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • I wouldn't refill. Urine is pretty harmless if it gets on the baby and very diluted if in the water.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've started taking C in the shower with me, so I wouldn't do anything. But, even if she were in her tub, I'd just finish up. Pee is sterile, right? Smile

• I don't use a baby tub, I just use a big sponge and lay him

on it in the tub. I fill the tub just enough to get the sponge

wet and toasty for him to lay on, but his penis is generally

at the edge of the sponge so it's not like he's sitting in pee

water if he does pee. I always thought the baby tubs were

a nuisance, so we've always used the sponge instead.

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Like PPs we would just continue the bath as is.
    Actually, he seems to pee every time he gets a bath, and there's no way I'm going to empty/refill the tub every bath time :
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I refill the tub. Pee is sterile but still... To me it's as if I don't wipe when I change his pee diapers.
  • We don't empty it. DS pees almost every time too!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• lol!  My toddler pees in the tub.  I never empty it and especially not for an infant.  It's not at all the same as sitting in a wet diaper.  But then again, I don't wipe dd for every diaper change either.  Maybe I would if I CD'ed but I don't.

• image lsson12:
    I refill the tub. Pee is sterile but still... To me it's as if I don't wipe when I change his pee diapers.

Oops, I guess maybe that's a UO, I don't wipe her after every pee diaper. I usually just let her air dry a bit and put a fresh diaper on.

• It depends on who's giving the bath. I don't b/c pee is sterile and it's diluted anyway. Plus there's soap in the water so it gets cancelled out right, lol?!?! DH... You'd think it was toxic! Even if DS1 pees in the big tub it gets emptied and he gets rinsed. I'm surprised he doesn't bust out the hasmat suit.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image MrsNorry:

image lsson12:
    I refill the tub. Pee is sterile but still... To me it's as if I don't wipe when I change his pee diapers.

Oops, I guess maybe that's a UO, I don't wipe her after every pee diaper. I usually just let her air dry a bit and put a fresh diaper on.

I do the same! Now I'm curious if others do the same...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    N~May 2004     C~Oct 2012

It's the internet. Like you don't own shit. Even Al Gore doesn't say shit like that and he invented the internet. ~~Mbenit4
  • My LO usually pees just ouside of his tub into the actually tub. But if he were to pee in his tub I wouldn't empty it.