Attachment Parenting

Help!

I'm having a bit of a problem. Last Friday I had knee surgery and since then it seems like DD (2) just does not want to listen. I'm not sure of she's acting up or if my patience is just really short; but I'm finding myself snapping and yelling a lot quicker than normal. I feel like in spending half my time yelling and half of it apologizing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I also have a 9 month old who's learning to walk, so I know at least part of this is stress from that.

Re: Help!

• I'm so sorry! I had a total thyroidectomy just over a month ago and felt useless/powerless for almost 2 weeks...and I only have one child to look after! I know what a toll this must be taking on you!

Is there anyone who can help you? I couldn't lift DS after surgery, so a friend stayed with me to help chase him around. You might find that just having a second set of eyes/hands makes a world of difference.

I am bumping from my phone so I can't see your signature, but how old is DD? Is she old enough to understand if you explain to her that mommy has a bad owwie? Maybe her energy can somehow be redirected into helping you take care of the 9monthold...

Sorry that I am not much help. I wish you the swiftest and easiest of recoveries. :
    ~ It's a BOY!!! Expecting baby brother October 17 ~

• My daughter is 2 1/2.  I can walk and lift the kids some.  The problem is I only have one friend I really trust with them, and she's in the middle of moving, so I feel bad about asking her.  Besides I need her help so I can get to PT etc.