Tennessee Babies
Options

Birthing centers?

I am new to the area and five weeks pregnant, I have blue cross blue shield of Tennessee and was told by others it does not cover home births. I was wondering if anyone knew of any birth centers in the Nashville or Murfreesboro area? I'm so disheartened by this whole process you'd think insurances would cover this type of birth. Please let me know if anyone has helpful information

Re: Birthing centers?

• Options

9 months and beyond just opened a location in murfreesboro. 272 Heritage Park Drive. Located in the Peltier Family Chiropractic office. They work with home births and doula's. One of my friends is a doula for them. Her name is Anna Morgan.

• Options

The Infinity Birthing Center is great.  It's about an hour or so from Nashville and lots of families make the trip.  It's totally worth checking out. 

If you are in the market for a doula, my recommendation is Rising Moon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The Farm is over in that part of the state.

I delivered one of mine at the Lisa Ross Birth Center in Knoxville and they were good. 

• Options
    What is your income like? Having a home birth around this area is roughly $3700. Insurance will cover things like lab work, so that can help. PLUS, I am currently on two different BCBS policies (one through my dad, the other through my husband) and surprisingly they have different coverage for home births. Soooo I would call and check to see what exactly your policy covers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"