6 Weeks Pregnant

How's Hubby Doing?

Question...how are your hubbies handling the pregnancy? I feel like my hubby doesn't really understand that symptoms start already! Maybe since we haven't had an u/s yet he just doesn't believe it's real?  Ugh...sorry for the vent!

PS: So happy to be able to post on the week 6 board! 

imageimageimage

Re: How's Hubby Doing?

• HAHAHAHA!!!! Well it makes me feel better knowing i'm not along :) Maybe when the see the bump they'll be more understanding.

imageimageimage

• Went to my first doctor appointment today and my husband seemed to be overwhelmed, when asked what was wrong he said it all about you I am not going to get excited until the baby here, it hurt alot to hear him say that
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband is doing the same thing!!!  Even though I'm not showing at 6 weeks 2 days, that doesn't change what's going on inside right now!  Lol  BUT I can say that he is super excited and talks about it all the time.  
  • Yup! I find myself explaining to him constantly that my symptoms are real already and why I have them - he seems to think I am exaggerating!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My hubby doesn't seem to understand yet that I'm sleepy early, which right now is the only symptom that interferes with him lol
    He wishes I could stay up late with him like I used to and I'm only 6 wks. I can't imagine what he'll be whining about in a few months heehee
    He's excited though and talks about the "bean" all the time.
    Loving the 6wk forums!
  • Pretty much the same in terms of not understanding the symptoms! He's very excited but he also seems really worried about all the changes ahead. We've planned this for so long, now that it's real it's so overwhelming and I think he lets his mind run wild about financial issues, bigger houses, clothes, feeding, visiting family members, everything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had an ultrasound yesterday due to some bleeding (just a subchorionic bleed, everything's okay), and DH said that it didn't feel real to him until the ultrasonagrapher saw our little pea floating around in there. :-)

For the most part he's been pretty understanding... though at first he didn't believe that my peeing-frequency would already be changing, I explained it was due to hormones, and that helped.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband says "You're pregnant." to me about 10 times a day.  We've been dealing with infertility so I think he's still in shock that we've finally gotten pregnant.  We both can't wait for our first u/s. (9 days and counting)  We're going to tell my husband's family on Christmas eve.
  • hubby is doing great! he's so excited and already talking to my stomach. this is the first for us and we're both 36. on many different levels this is just an amazing experience so far.  he's very understanding of my symptoms and tries to make sure i'm comfortable. we have our first u/s next week - we're going to hear the heartbeat!
  • My hubby is being really supportive and nice.  He is dealing with my mood swings like a champ.  He is still human, as am I, so we both are still adjusting.  I think it is difficult for them to understand and this early, we aren't showing, so it's not as concrete to them.  I would have a talk with him, and show him the videos here.  If you do research together he will be more a part of it and maybe feel more included.
  • Hi everyone! My hubby has been amazing! We are 34 and this is our first baby. He's been super supportive and very understanding. I've been an emotional wreck and somehow he knows how to calm me. Its going to be a long rollercoaster ride for him. Hehehe...good luck everyone!
  • Congrats to you! I'm having the same situation over here! I've been told "women become moms instantly and men become dad's when the baby's born." I think there's so much focus on the mom and the baby that dads can feel a little lost in the sauce. I'm trying to have patience with my dh. He's been pretty good once i explain and show him a zillion things online that support what I'm going through. I try not freak him out but I do send him links for dads. Best to you!! Have a wonderful happy healthy relaxed pregnancy! It will get better.
  • my  husband is very understanding and a bit pushy...lol..but in a good way!....he makes sure i eat right and drink penty of water!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • On the contrary, my hubby has never been understanding at all. Even when I lost one of d babies in my womb to stress and doctor placed me on a 7day bed rest to preserve the other baby, cldnt go to work still had to get up and manage to do home chores and prepare whatever it is I wanna eat. This is our second baby, am not enjoying his support and it's killing me.
  • We call our baby the bean too. So nice to read what other women are going through at 6 weeks. I'm craving hamburgers and exhausted. The body is amazing!
  • imageMkWaltrip15:
    Yup! I find myself explaining to him constantly that my symptoms are real already and why I have them he seems to think I am exaggerating!

My DH is the samy way..so annoying

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"