October 2011 Moms

"Oh Mandy"

Just rambling here...

My lovely co-workers decided to start calling me Mandy at work, only because they know I detest it.  Every time I come in everyone starts signing "Oh Mandy" by Barry Manilow.  The more I get pissed off, the more they do it.  How come everyone loves to tease me?

I have started counteracting this by singing Waylon Jennings Amanda Light of my life. So basically if you walk into the back of the bakery you are going to hear a bunch of loonies singing very loudly trying to drown each other out. Stick out tongue

Do you guys have any work or office antics that go on?

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg

Re: "Oh Mandy"

• The uniform provider from where our students have to buy their uniforms sent over a child sized mannequin to model the uniforms.  It is ridiculous and creepy.  It has shown up in random places around campus:  sitting in my chair at my desk, "hiding" behind the sliding white boards in teacher classrooms, in the computer lab, in the PE shed...we basically take turns trying to scare each other with this thing.  She is very lifelike and reminds me of a child in a horror movie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Damn you, now Barry Manilow is in my head!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagesharksfan:
    The uniform provider from where our students have to buy their uniforms sent over a child sized mannequin to model the uniforms.  It is ridiculous and creepy.  It has shown up in random places around campus:  sitting in my chair at my desk, "hiding" behind the sliding white boards in teacher classrooms, in the computer lab, in the PE shed...we basically take turns trying to scare each other with this thing.  She is very lifelike and reminds me of a child in a horror movie.

When MH worked at Fort Snelling they had a bunch of cardboard army guy cut outs (life sized) that they would do that with.  He said the best was when it was hiding in the bathroom stall. 

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • imagepennysuedog:
    Just rambling here... My lovely coworkers decided to start calling me Mandy at work, only because they know I detest it.nbsp; Every time I come in everyone starts signing "Oh Mandy" by Barry Manilow.nbsp; The more I get pissed off, the more they do it.nbsp; How come everyone loves to tease me?I have started counteracting this by singing Waylon Jennings Amanda Light of my life. So basically if you walk into the back of the bakery you are going to hear a bunch of loonies singing very loudly trying to drown each other out. Stick out tongueDo you guys have any work or office antics that go on? nbsp;

If you ever want to mix it up, I suggest Amanda by Boston.
  • I love office antics! But, I'm the one everyone likes to tease in my office. I'm the youngest & one of like 3 women, so I get so much hell. But I dish it right back!

I tease the guys about being old, and they give me hell about always getting lost when I go see clients. I have a candle warmer on my desk, too, and one guy would wait until I left for the day and stick stuff (staplers, pens, paper airplanes, etc.) into the melted wax. Awful! But they're all my best friends when I bring in homemade goodies Big Smile

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't usually participate but thinking about the things we used to do at work made me smile so I will share. I worked for a popular restaurant chain doing take-out. There were days when things would be really slow. I was in charge of the phones and the bartender was back up if I was busy. He started the whole thing by smearing ranch dressing on my counter top, my white speckled counter top. I couldn't see it so I put my hand right in it and then noticed it all over my shirt. Awesome white dressing on my black shirt waist high! I proceeded to remove all of the buttons from his soda gun. He took the cord out of my phones just enough so that when I answered them they fell out. I covered his black phone with chocolate syrup so that it was all over his hands and face. More things happened but these were the most memorable since it was all in one day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"