Food Allergy
Options

Nutramigen success stories?

Hi, We are thinking that LO has MPI based on horrific eczema and spit up. Tonight we saw a new pedi and she told us to switch to Nutramigen and gave us a medicated cream for his creases, which are the worst and to keep him lathered up w vaseline. So, I was wondering if anyone else did this and had success..and, please, respectfully, EBF is not an option.

Re: Nutramigen success stories?

• Options
    Yep, for us it did. I EBF when ds was diagnosed with MSPI. I was dairy/soy free for a few weeks but the diet was driving me crazy. It took 6 weeks on nutramigen for his symptoms to go away but now he is doing great and thriving. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh and if nutramigen doesn't work for him there is alimentum (powder and ready to feed) and rx formulas like neocate. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both of my girls have done wonderfully on Nutramigen. Good luck! 
  • Options
    My daughter did great on nutramigen its just very expensive but I bought all mine on ebay and its a lot cheaper. Most of it I found parents stocked up too much or doctors offices gave samples and people were trying to make a buck. Word of advice though when you hit the one year mark go to an allergist for your little one. I went to my pediatrician and she said just gradually switch to whole milk she will be fine well here we are at 13 months and I had to switch back to nutramigen and now we are on a no dairy no soy diet which is horrible but not the worst of it. She went through 2 weeks of projectile vomiting and intestinal swelling from my pedis advice!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    L does well on nutramigen but it wasn't over night. Took about 3 or so weeks to see a difference and another 2 weeks until she got to where she's at now. Doing great on it now! 

Lillian April 17, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"