New to The Bump

attention new people...steer clear

I was on this site a lot during my pregnancy and sometimes found it helpful, however overall I have had a bad experience on these message boards and my advice to you all is to steer clear of them. The women are judgemental, hurtful, stuck up, and have the "I'm better than you" attitude. About 30% of them are neutral or nice. On another note all the abbreviations and lingo is beyond stupid, or maybe trying to learn it all is beyond stupid. Bottom line is, if you want support, prepared to be shut down by a lot of these women who have nothing better to do than talk negatively to other women on their posts. Everyone has a right to their opinion and FYI you will get a lot of them, and many unwanted ones.

So if you are excited about this, sorry to burst your bubble, but its a waste of time. Read a book, exercise, do something better than waste your time here.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: attention new people...steer clear

• This post is a bit over dramatic. Some women can get snarky, just like some women can be real b!ches in real life but mostly it's very helpful and supportive. 

• You came back to the site you hate to.....save everyone?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC since 3/10: IVF #1 BFP: #1 60, #2 128, #3 256, #4 796, #5 1926!
    U/S #2: 2 heartbeats!!!! U/S #4: Vanishing twin around 8=9 weeks
  • image a13049:
    This post is a bit over dramatic. Some women can get snarky, just like some women can be real b!ches in real life but mostly it's very helpful and supportive. 

I agree that there are some women on here who think that honesty and being rude are the same thing. Perhaps they think they are helping by setting you straight. But yes, there are also truly helpful people here too. I have read many, many posts from women who can be honest without being b!thcy or rude.

I'm so sorry the orignal poster had such a bad experience. My first post was pretty brutal too. But I learned from it and steer clear of hot topics and now have had a much better time since.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's really sad because I've gotten far more help, comfort and positive advice on these boards then I have ever imagined during my m/c and through my 7months of pregnancy so far. Perhaps you didn't follow the number one rule, lurk before you post and got into trouble.

If everyone reads the notes at the top of the boards you will know all you need to know and from there it's lurking to become comfortable with the board and learning the lingo. Not difficult... 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

Anniversary

• image KdgTeacher:
    You came back to the site you hate to.....save everyone?

Exactly what I was thinking.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Oh geez! Ok now I feel dumb for posting my stupid ignorant rant awhile back. It's hard to take criticism and the ladies for most part are helpful. Realizing once you act like a b!tc# here it's hard to get out of the hole you dug
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker

Our rainbow has arrived!

Baby Boy ColeRose born 12.6.13 

*Everyone Always Welcome*