Birth Stories

Four months late :)

My little one will be four months on Saturday so I am a little late on posting but still wanted to share my birth story. I know right before my daughter was born I was trying to read every birth story I could to try to get some insight into what to expect.  So here goes?..

My due date was July 3 and July 3rd came and went without a sign of anything. I had my weekly appointment on July 5th and I still hadn?t made any progress so my doctor gave me two options. I could go home and get my stuff and come back to the hospital that night to get induced or I could go in the following week and get induced. Panic started to hit me as I realized that this was actually about to happen so I nervously chose the second option and was thrilled that I had 5 more days to wrap my head around becoming a mom J

I arrived at the hospital on July 9th and got checked in and immediately got into the bed and was given the 1st medicine(cervadil) to start the process. The next morning the nurse came in and woke me up at 5am and told me to get up and shower if I wanted to and get ready for the day. At about 6 or 6:30 they gave me the pitocin to start my contractions. I had always planned on getting the epidural although I had told my mom I would try to hold out as long as possible so that I could at least see if I could handle a natural child birth (she had both me and my sister naturally so thought I should try). I should also point out that I was very afraid of getting the epidural because I knew there was a great chance of my legs going numb during the birth and I thought I would freak out about that. Well I held on until about 11am when I couldn?t even speak it hurt so bad and I ordered the epidural. The pain was so bad at this point I didn?t care if my whole body went numb from the medicine. Now keep I mind once you order the epidural it takes an hour before you actually get the shot. Once I got the shot I was laid back and ready to relax again. The doctor came back in and checked on me about 1 oclock and said I was ready to start pushing. Although they turned off my pitocin and my contractions died down again so they had to wait a couple of hours and start the medicine back up. Finally around 3:15pm I started pushing..well they call it pushing although I wouldn?t call it pushing because I was so numb from the waist down I kinda just felt like I was sitting there.

My daughter was born at 4:21pm on July 10. When she came out I didn?t realize it at the time but the cord was wrapped loosely around her neck and they put her on my belly and she started to turn blue. They immediately took her off to he side and called for help but right when they did they were able to get the water out of her lungs and she started to cry for a second. The most beautiful cry I have ever heard! I was so nervous and yet almost in a state of shock I didn?t really react at the time to what was going on. I did have two small tears that had to be stitched and that did cause some pain and discomfort for about 6 weeks. But it is true what they say you forget all the pain and negative stuff once it is all over and you have your baby.

All and all everything went well. The only thing I will do different next time. If I am induced again when they start my pitocin I am going to order the epidural immediately and not wait for the pain to start. There is no need in feeling the pain.

Good luck to anyone that is ready this and getting ready to have their baby. Just keep in mind that everything will work out and not to get to stressed or worked up about it. I def kept this as my moto as I didn?t really have a birth plan or anything like that. I just wanted to let everything happen as it should.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Four months late :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"