November 2012 Moms
Options

Did I work out in my sleep???

So this morning i woke up and my butt feels mildly sore. Not bad sore though, sore like I've been working out. I figured this would be a different post than the "butt hurt" one, because it's not really pain.

I tried to google it but how do you google "I'm 37 weeks pregnant and my butt feels like i worked out". haha. Has anyone else experienced this? I've had pre-term labor since 29 weeks but have official stopped my meds as of yesterday. I have "regular BH contractions, but not really having any cramping or pain with them.

Hmmmph. Who knows. i'll just pretend that i'm getting buns of steel!

Re: Did I work out in my sleep???

• Options
    I wake up feeling sore all over a lot recently. I have fibromyalgia, so this isn't weird for me, but I've had no symptoms my entire pregnancy until this, so I'm not sure what to blame it on. My butt, legs, abs, and hands are sore. It sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've said this exact same thing. Why do I feel like I've been working out? I've definitely done nothing of the sort! haha Oh well, maybe we'll all have some awesome post-baby-booties.
    imageimage imageimage
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah! Who needs p90X or Brazillian Buttlift when pregnancy just magically does it for you! ;)

Shutupanddance: did pregnancy make your fibromialga(sp) worse? I've wondered how that was effected during pregnancy and weight changes and hormones and such.
  • Options
    Been getting butt and hip pain lately when I wake up, no clue why.  Apparently we should make a club since it's becoming so popular this morning.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageThis and that:
    Yeah! Who needs p90X or Brazillian Buttlift when pregnancy just magically does it for you! ;)

Shutupanddance: did pregnancy make your fibromialga(sp) worse? I've wondered how that was effected during pregnancy and weight changes and hormones and such.

I would say it made it better, actually. We kept my weight gain pretty steady, and I did a lot of work on getting myself in really good health before getting pregnant. I went off all my meds to prepare, and started using natural symptom management, including an extreme diet modification and daily exercise. That resulted in some drastic weight loss (30 lbs in less than 3 months). When I did get pregnant, I had to modify the diet some so I COULD gain weight, and then we weorked to keep my weight gain and nutrition right on target, so I've only gained those same 30 pounds. 

My experience of pregnancy is a little different because of my condition. I have a lot of abdominal pain and my fatigue is pretty dramatic sometimes, but I've had no real symptom flares my whole pregnancy. What some people experience as late term discomfort because baby is heavy and moving around, I'm experiencing as painful. The upside is that I'm really used to things hurting and have learned to ignore pain, so I'm pushing through ok, and am stil planning a natural, intervention and med free birth. My body does NOT do well with chemicals or medications, and I'm not trying to mess with that if I can help it. 

• Options
    imageshutupanddance07:

imageThis and that:

I would say it made it better, actually. We kept my weight gain pretty steady, and I did a lot of work on getting myself in really good health before getting pregnant. I went off all my meds to prepare, and started using natural symptom management, including an extreme diet modification and daily exercise. That resulted in some drastic weight loss (30 lbs in less than 3 months). When I did get pregnant, I had to modify the diet some so I COULD gain weight, and then we weorked to keep my weight gain and nutrition right on target, so I've only gained those same 30 pounds. 

My experience of pregnancy is a little different because of my condition. I have a lot of abdominal pain and my fatigue is pretty dramatic sometimes, but I've had no real symptom flares my whole pregnancy. What some people experience as late term discomfort because baby is heavy and moving around, I'm experiencing as painful. The upside is that I'm really used to things hurting and have learned to ignore pain, so I'm pushing through ok, and am stil planning a natural, intervention and med free birth. My body does NOT do well with chemicals or medications, and I'm not trying to mess with that if I can help it. 

Wow, I'm really glad that it hasn't become worse. I know it's taken a lot of conscious effort and planning on your part- congratulations! That's really encouraging to hear, for friends that have this condition and are looking to become pregnant in the near future.

• Options
    imageThis and that:
    imageshutupanddance07:

imageThis and that:

Wow, I'm really glad that it hasn't become worse. I know it's taken a lot of conscious effort and planning on your part- congratulations! That's really encouraging to hear, for friends that have this condition and are looking to become pregnant in the near future.

The best thing I did for myself was to find myself a doctor who wouldn't give up on me. My regular doctor played with medicines and supplementary treatments, and I saw a naturopath to help me off the drugs. I see midwives instead of an OB because many OBs treat pregnancies like mine as high risk, but my condition poses no risk to my baby or my pregnancy. I wanted to be treated like a regular, healthy woman. I didn't want to have to worry about what medications would do to my body or to my baby. I can't even take most typical OTC meds, I couldn't begin to imagine what an epi would do to me...  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"