3rd Trimester

Please tell me I can do this! Massive vent :(

I'm sick of being pregnant.  We tried for 5 years, went through all of the hell you can imagine to get knocked up, and now, I just want it all to be over. Done.  

I'm depressed. My head hurts. I can't sleep. My boobs are leaking. My crotch hurts. My vision is blurry. I'm swollen everywhere. It hurts to move. I saw my doc last week and she said "It's par for the course" and kinda shrugged it off. I've had round ligament pain for MONTHS. I'm sick of complaining and my husband is sick of hearing me complain.

I gained 5 pounds in 8 days and almost 15 lbs in two and a half weeks. 

I know the baby needs more time. I KNOW that, but I'm so annoyed with  everything and sick of the "Yeah, you are pregnant, deal with it" comments.

I just don't feel right. At all. 

Sorry to be so negative, I'm just ready for it to be over!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please tell me I can do this! Massive vent :(

• I'm ready too and have been since about where you are now.  I don't have quite as many issues but I have GD and I'm sick of finger pricking, injecting myself with insulin and thinking about carb counting.  I haven't slept well since I hit 3rd trimester because my hips cramp up so badly at night that I physically cry in pain.  

What helps me is knowing that it will end when the baby arrives, the baby will arrive when he's ready (unless he doesn't and they induce me because of the GD - but still, there's an end in site) and it's all worth it in the end.  If not, people would never have more than 1 child.  

Hang in there - hope time flies until baby decides to arrive!  

~ Single Mother by Choice ~ IUI with donor sperm - BFP on 2nd attempt! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Your feelings towards pregnancy have zero to do with how much you want a baby. It's okay to struggle to get pregnant, and then hate every single moment of it. I wish I could just lay an egg and be done with it, or better yet, a stork could magically drop off my baby. Many women love pregnancy, but I'm not one of them. I'm not me when I'm pregnant. I'm some crabby forgetful lady that constantly aches. Yeah, it is par for the course and totally worth it for the baby in the end, but you *** and complain all you want, because it really is hard. Just because something is natural, doesn't mean our bodies agree with it and feel all organic and great. 

It will get better - after you have the baby. I promise you will not hurt like this for the rest of your life. Your body will go back to normal, or normal enough. Every woman's recovery time is different. I felt awesome as soon as I woke up from my post labor nap. Other women take longer, but I promise, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and you're in the home stretch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • These last few weeks will fly by and you will get a beautiful baby out of it.  It is uncomfortable and sometimes downright painful, but this is the most amazing thing you will ever do. When I am feeling particularly bad I go to the chiropractor or massage therapist- I think it helps a lot. 

Just out of curiosity, has your doctor been monitoring your blood pressure?  Your doctor should be concerned about your blurry vision and excessive swelling. 

• I know that for me it always helped to just get things off of my chest. My mom is a great listener and would sit on the phone for hours with me if I was having an off day.

Try getting into a new TV or book series, spending time outside, going on dates with DH, getting your nails done - just anything to make you smile.

Don't dwell on your weight gain. Unless your doctor is concerned about it you shouldn't be either. 

FWIW around 30w I was miserable. Like you said, LO needs more time and it will get better!

I know it may feel like this is never ending but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I promise you.

• If you genuinely feel like something is wrong then go to the ER. If it's more that you are uncomfortable and achey and just don't feel your best then do whatever you can to soothe the aches and pains (a long warm bath) and try to relax as much as possible.

The weight gain that quick would give me cause for concern so if you really feel off don't hesitate to see someone about it. Mother's instinct is often the first indicator that things are happening that shouldn't be.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehgoodale:

I'm sick of being pregnant.  We tried for 5 years, went through all of the hell you can imagine to get knocked up, and now, I just want it all to be over. Done.  

I'm depressed. My head hurts. I can't sleep. My boobs are leaking. My crotch hurts. My vision is blurry. I'm swollen everywhere. It hurts to move. I saw my doc last week and she said "It's par for the course" and kinda shrugged it off. I've had round ligament pain for MONTHS. I'm sick of complaining and my husband is sick of hearing me complain.

I know the baby needs more time. I KNOW that, but I'm so annoyed with  everything and sick of the "Yeah, you are pregnant, deal with it" comments.

Please get yourself checked out.  These are all signs of preclampysia.  I've been at L&D a few times and my discharge papers said if any of the bolded items appeared to return. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had this conversation with Dh last night. You are not alone. I am ready to feel normal again and like a human rather than an incubator. Lol. But I honestly can completely empathize with what you are saying. Pregnancy is not puppies and roses...at least for everyone. And it's a real depressing thing to see the scale inch up each doctors apt. I feel that way too! Just keep in mind that this too shall pass. This is a moment in life that will seem so quickly passed when we are separated from it for a while. Get through each day one at a time. That's the only thing keeping me together at this point. If complaining makes you feel better, do it. And if anything it shows your Dh how strong you are at the end because you endured this for 9 months...and gave him the most amazing blessing that only you could give him. He couldn't do this, only you! That's pretty special. And you are human and allowed to have feelings. Just because you wanted this for so long doesn't mean you wanted to feel like this. Allow yourself to feel these emotions. I hope this helps. You're not alone.
  • The blurry vision, headaches, and sudden weight gain are a little concerning. I would be calling your doctor. THey have me on bed rest for less pre-e symptoms than that. I hope everything is ok, and hope your baby comes right on time so you don't have to wait any longer!
  • Ditto others!!! Blurry vision, headaches, and excessive swelling need to be checked ASAP!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Per Web MD

What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Preeclampsia?

In addition to swelling, protein in the urine, and high blood pressure, preeclampsia symptoms can include:

• Rapid weight gain caused by a significant increase in bodily fluid
    • Abdominal pain
    • Severe headaches
    • Change in reflexes
    • Reduced urine or no urine output
    • Dizziness
    • Excessive vomiting and nausea

You should seek care right away if you have:

• Sudden and new swelling in your face, hands, and eyes (some feet and ankle swelling is normal during pregnancy.)
    • Blood pressure greater than 140/90.
    • Sudden weight gain over 1 or 2 days
    • Abdominal pain, especially in the upper right side
    • Severe headaches
    • A decrease in urine
    • Blurry vision, flashing lights, and floaters

You can also have preeclampsia and not have any symptoms. That's why it's so important to see your doctor for regular blood pressure checks and urine tests.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebearkatjen:

Your feelings towards pregnancy have zero to do with how much you want a baby. It's okay to struggle to get pregnant, and then hate every single moment of it. I wish I could just lay an egg and be done with it, or better yet, a stork could magically drop off my baby. Many women love pregnancy, but I'm not one of them. I'm not me when I'm pregnant. I'm some crabby forgetful lady that constantly aches. Yeah, it is par for the course and totally worth it for the baby in the end, but you *** and complain all you want, because it really is hard. Just because something is natural, doesn't mean our bodies agree with it and feel all organic and great. 

It will get better - after you have the baby. I promise you will not hurt like this for the rest of your life. Your body will go back to normal, or normal enough. Every woman's recovery time is different. I felt awesome as soon as I woke up from my post labor nap. Other women take longer, but I promise, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and you're in the home stretch.

this and ditto pp that I would call my doc just to be safe and get checked out.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I feel you. I am so tired of the headaches. My hands hurt everyday, sometimes so bad I can barely use them, from sleeping on my side. I wake up every hour to pee, and have to wear pantyliners because I leak. I have no sex drive, which really bothers me because I am a highly sexual person and when I do have sex I'm lucky if I have one orgasm compared to the multiples I'm used to (sorry TMI) . I was plus sized to begin with and my weight gain was going okay but I gained 8 lbs in 3 weeks and now my doctor is on my case and it' s like dude I am doing the best I can. I eat pretty healthy but I am hungry now more than ever so I'm gonna eat. MH says f*ck them worry about your weight after the baby comes. Sitting in a chair or standing hurts after a bit so I end up having to lay down a lot. I can't wear my wedding or engagement rings because I am so swollen, and I had to take the laces out of my shoes too. I feel like a planet. Oh and my newest issue is hemorrhoids, which is just like icing on the cake. I feel depressed on occasion as well.

But you know what? we are gonna have our babies, and recover, and everything is gonna be okay. we aren't gonna be stuck like this forever.  when we see our babies we will feel so much joy and maybe it will seem like all this was worth it. hang in there girl, you can do this, and so can I.

• Check out the book, "Pregnancy Sucks" 

It might make you feel worse, but it made me feel better because the writer makes light of the situation and makes you feel not so alone. It's not pulitzer prize winner or anything, just a nice little read. 

• :lurking:

YOU CAN DO THIS!! I was in the same boat almost 2 months ago...I had massive heartburn the last 3 months.Thought i was going to die of the round ligament pain..and you're right. drs dont care.BUT the end result...now laying in my arms sleeping....is the reward. Yes 9 months of pregnancy is hell, but you get a hellva reward for it. I dont even remember any of the pain now. im sure i will when i get preggo again lol. Just remember we are NOT preggo forever and it WILL get better!

• imagesimplein06:
    imagehgoodale:

Please get yourself checked out.  These are all signs of preclampysia.  I've been at L&D a few times and my discharge papers said if any of the bolded items appeared to return. 

I was kind of thinking the same thing............Those are the symptoms my OB told me to let him know if I had any..... 

• imageEmerson2007:
    imagesimplein06:
    imagehgoodale:

I was kind of thinking the same thing............Those are the symptoms my OB told me to let him know if I had any..... 

Yeah, geez!  OP, please do call your doc.  That sounds suspiciously like pre-e to me.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• It's hard.  Although I feel incredibly lucky to be pregnant that doesn't negate that it's both physically and mentally trying.  It'll all be over soon and obviously you already know that it's worth it.  Just hang in there!
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagebearkatjen:

Your feelings towards pregnancy have zero to do with how much you want a baby. It's okay to struggle to get pregnant, and then hate every single moment of it. I wish I could just lay an egg and be done with it, or better yet, a stork could magically drop off my baby. Many women love pregnancy, but I'm not one of them. I'm not me when I'm pregnant. I'm some crabby forgetful lady that constantly aches. Yeah, it is par for the course and totally worth it for the baby in the end, but you *** and complain all you want, because it really is hard. Just because something is natural, doesn't mean our bodies agree with it and feel all organic and great. 

I completely agree with all of this. I hate being pregnant. LOVE being a mom though. Last time I had a lot of guilt over not enjoying the pregnancy, I somehow felt like it meant I didn't really want/appreciate the baby enough, now I just tell myself that the fact that I'm willing to be pregnant again means I REALLY want this LO!

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think your feelings are normal for the "end".  Just hang in there because once you get that baby you'll look back and realize that it was all WELL worth it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. We determined everything is fine after almost 4 hours at Labor and Delivery last night-- just went in for observation and tests because I still can't shake this headache, I'm swollen, blurry vision, weight gain, etc. Very little protein in my urine, my BP was fine, CBC was normal (still anemic though) and electrolytes were good. Baby's heartbeat was a little erratic according to the NST at times, so they want me to rest and keep up with fluids.   Doc said everything is "painfully normal".... she gave me compazine for the headache, which knocked me out but did very little for the headache. At least I slept for a few uninterrupted hours last night! Thanks again ladies!
  • imagebearkatjen:

What a great response!  Thank you - that made me feel so much better reading it!

BabyFruit Ticker

• woo hoo! glad you're okay mommaBig Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"