2nd Trimester

If you did the MaterniT21 test...

Did the doctor call you with the results regardless?  Or if it was good news did the nurse call?  Just curious what to expect.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you did the MaterniT21 test...

• I was told ahead of time that the nurse who drew my blood would call me either way so that was what I expected.  I was shocked though that they actually left me a voicemail with the results which were good news.  I don't know if they would have left a VM for bad news.  I took the test on a Thursday and got the results on a Wednesday which was faster than the 7-10 days they had told me...incase you wanted some expereince on results timing.
  • Thanks!  I got my blood drawn Monday afternoon so I'm definitely not expecting results until Monday, but early would be great!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my genetic counselor call with the results letting me know everything was okay.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was told it would take 10days to 2weeks. Around 8 days I called to ask since I was coming in for the a/s that day and wanted to know what I was up against. I luckily got someone to go into the system and find my results but she said it was never posted to my chart and that when it did post that someone would call me with the results. I never got an actual call from them (results were negative) so maybe they made a note that they spoke to me on the phone and the MFM spoke to me at my a/s. I was told I was getting a call either way and that the results would take the same amount of time either way. GL!!!
  • I was told that the nurse who drew my blood would call me either way but I assume I would also have heard from the doctor if the results had been positive. The nurse left a message on my VM but I gave them permission to do that so it was fine.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The nurse called me in 4 business days with my results.  They were good.
  • My results were positive for downs and the Dr herself called me.  She said she had the results back and needed to talk to both me and my husband in person.  She wouldn't discuss by phone.
    John & Katherine, sittin' in a tree, . . . . Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"