Trying to Get Pregnant

Great news! (Not my BFP though)

There is a couple that goes to my dads church that has been trying to adopt for about three yeras.

I don't know the full story, but all I know is that she has known that she is not able to have children since she was very young.  I am not sure if it was some sort of trauma to where she lost her uterus, or possibly just knowing she had some sort of illness preventing her from pregnancy, I'm really not sure.  But despite her husband wanting children so badly, he married her anyway knowing they may never get the chance to be parents. 

But at 1:30 yesterday their baby officially became theirs! They kept the entire pregnancy of the birth mom a secret from everyone because birth mom had a baby already, which she considered adoption, and kept her baby at the last minute.  So naturally they were afraid she'd do that again.

I was at my dads for my brothers wedding when my step mom got the news (the new mom is just a few years older than me, and her dad is not in the picture, so she's very close to my dad)   Then new mom asked if it was okay that their baby call them grandma and grandpa.  To see my dads face light up when asked that was so precious.  I'm glad I could be apart of all the good news!

I just had to share.  It's a touching story.  Now I am off to look at all the updated pictures on their FB page.... Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Great news! (Not my BFP though)

• This is wonderful!  Adoption can be a very beautiful thing.  Congratulations all around!
  • Awwwwe.  That's wonderful news.  Isn't this month national adoption month too?  Very fitting timing for your friend.  :)

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageStizzle:
    This is wonderful!  Adoption can be a very beautiful thing.  Congratulations all around!

Yes it is.  I will always look at bio parents as being the most selfless people ever.  Bio mom actually told her that she did not go very far into picking adoptive parents with her first pregnancy. But seeing how much adoptive mom loved the baby before she was even born actually helped her realize she was doing the right thing.  

ETA: And I hate that they live three hours away!  I probably won't get a chance to go back down to my dads until the spring, so I have to wait like SIX months to meet this baby!  GAH! lol 

• This is a wonderful story! : ) Thanks for sharing! Seeing someone who has wanted a child for so long finally have their dream come true is one of the greatest feelings ever. Last night I found out that our super close friends are expecting after trying for well over 2 years. They had tried almost every treatment and were worried it would never happen. But it finally did. So much joy! : )

• That is really great news! Good for that couple!

If I could ever afford it I would definitely adopt children!

• Awesome story!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• imageKatetheGreat79:

This is a wonderful story! : ) Thanks for sharing! Seeing someone who has wanted a child for so long finally have their dream come true is one of the greatest feelings ever. Last night I found out that our super close friends are expecting after trying for well over 2 years. They had tried almost every treatment and were worried it would never happen. But it finally did. So much joy! : )

That is so wonderful!  I told some girls in chat last night that when I constantly feel surrounded by people who were not even trying or want to brag about how it only took them one month...I just have to focus on the people who are waiting like me.  We have been trying on and off since 2010.  We had quite a few things come up that made us put TTC on hold.  So it just reminds me that when I finally do become pregnant, that it will be well worth the wait. 

• Wonderful news!  Congrats to them!
    **Blog**
    *TTC #1* since Sept '11.
    BFP #1 2/26/12. C/P 3/1/12 
    Dx Oct '12: Hypothyroid, PCOS and blocked left tube.
    1500mg Metformin, 75mcg Synthroid
    Feb: 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= BFN
    March: 150mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= 4 mature follies- BFN 
    April: Unmedicated cycle due to vacation timing= BFN
    May: *IUI #1* Letrozole + Trigger + IUI=BFP!
    1st Beta (17dpo): 455  Progesterone: 40
    2nd Beta: (19dpo):  810  Progesterone: 37
    1st ultrasound 6 weeks 5 days: Twins!

• imageBlueGirl9603:
    That is so wonderful!  I told some girls in chat last night that when I constantly feel surrounded by people who were not even trying or want to brag about how it only took them one month...I just have to focus on the people who are waiting like me.  We have been trying on and off since 2010.  We had quite a few things come up that made us put TTC on hold.  So it just reminds me that when I finally do become pregnant, that it will be well worth the wait. 

Yes, it will be sooo worth it. The joy we felt for them was just so amazing. Not to say we wouldn't have been excited if it had been their first month... but there is just something super amazing about it happening to someone who has tried for so long.

• imagebakes4u:

That is really great news! Good for that couple!

If I could ever afford it I would definitely adopt children!

Yes I would totally go adoption route over pregnancy any day if I could afford it.  

• What a great story!

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• That's lovely! Adoption is such a beautiful thing!

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• This is sooooo awesome!!  Congrats to the happy new family!

imageimage

• That's so sweet! Congrats to them Smile
  • Thanks for sharing this wonderful story! It definitely made me smile and I'm so happy for them :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is wonderful! I literally had a smile on my face the entire time I read this!
    TTC#2 Since July 2011
    Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
    CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
    12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
    Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
    Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
    Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
    Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
    Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
    Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
    MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

• Aww that is great to hear!  Congrats to them!

• That is awesome!  Happy for them!
  • aww yay :) good for them!
    Anniversary
    My Blog!
    TTC #1 since 11/1/2011
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    DX: Hypothyroidism (2004) & Possible PCOS (2/2012)
    CD3 b/w: Elevated LH:FSH ratio HSG: All clear! Y-shaped Uterus; SA: Normal
    Round 1 of Clomid (50mg) 8/28-9/1: BFP!
    BFP #1: 9/23/12 Edd: 6/4/2013. M/C 9/28/12 @ 4w4d
    Round 2 of Clomid (100mg) 10/3-10/7: BFP!
    BFP #2: 11/3/12 Edd: 7/16/2013. mmc discovered at 18w2d (our baby girl stopped developing at 15w3d due to Down's Syndrome). d&e 2/15/13
    3/28/13: "quite a few" uterine polyps and scar tissue discovered.
    Hysteroscopy (4/16/13): Polyps, Scar Tissue removed. Septate confirmed & removed.
    Appt with new RE 5/30/13
    Surprise BFP (with no treatment!) 6/30/13
    Our perfect little boy was born 3/11/14 - 9lbs 2oz, 21 1/4"

• imageMrsM507:
    That is wonderful! I literally had a smile on my face the entire time I read this!

I agree.  How could you not smile and be happy for them, even if they are strangers?  Congrats to them! 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"