Birth Stories
Options

Hallie Ann surprised us at 37 and 5 days!

Thursday, Oct 25 I went to the doctor for a regular checkup. She hadn't checked me in two weeks when I had been at 1 cm. She checked me and I was still at 1 cm. That night me and DH did the deed. :P

5:00 that next morning I woke up feeling like I was peeing myself. I ran to the bathroom and kept trying to stop it, yet liquid kept trickling out. I called L D and told them we'd be in soon since I was GBS while DH got the bags ready. I had one tiny contraction at home, one started as we got in the car around 5:30. Another started 10 minutes later when we got to the hospital.

I was at 3 cm when we got there and they decided to monitor me for 20 minutes. Me and DH walked the halls for 45 minutes or so then went back to the room. By that time it was a little before 8 and my doctor was just coming in for the day. I was at 4 cm.

They monitored me for another 20 minutes. By the end of that I was contracting pretty good and was starting to have some pain, but I kept trying to breathe through them. We walked for another 45 minutes until I decided I wanted to go lay down again. Walking made the contractions feel so much better. Laying down was much more painful. After laying in bed for about 15 minutes I told DH I had to call them in and get checked again because I was feeling so much pressure. It was about 9:45. They checked me and I was an 8 or 9.

They asked if I wanted the epidural but I decided not to since I was so far already. Had I been any less dilated I would've gotten it. 10 minutes later I was at a 10. My doctor had just gotten into the room and they were bringing in everything for the delivery. Around 10:15 I started pushing. There were two pushes that I felt like I was dying on. :P But as soon as she was here the pressure was gone and I was pretty much pain free.

Hallie Ann was born at 10:23 weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 19 inches long and with a full head of brown hair. : We were team green so meeting our baby girl was amazing! My birth experience was absolutely amazing. I had a 'not quite first degree' tear and got 2 stitches for it. But honestly, I hardly felt any pain from that and never took any medication for it.

As crazy as it sounds, I can't wait to do it again with our future children. :D
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hallie Ann surprised us at 37 and 5 days!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"