October 2012 Moms
Options

Elias Ryan's birth story (a little late!!!) PIP!

Hey ladies! I have been missing off the boards for a few days and figured I owed an explanation ;-) 

Baby boy arrived 10/31 (just hours after his due date) at 4:10 am via c-section. I began my labor at home on 10/29, was in and out of the hospital Tuesday 10/30 until my water broke at 5:30 pm when they had me promptly come back. When I arrived I was dialated to 4 cm and was 100% effaced with baby at a 0 station ( he had been at -1 all day).  I labored on my own until 10:30 when we hit transition and I all but begged for the epi.   Then from 11 until 3:30 we (DH, my mom, and I) just tried to sleep.  Unfortunately, we didn't get much because every four mins when a contrax hit my nurse would come running in because baby boys heart would plummit..

At 3:30 she had my doctor come check our progress because she was getting nervous.  Baby was at a +1 station, but I had only gotten to 5 cm.  It was then she made the call that something wasn't right and recommended a c-section.  I whole heartedly agreed, I just wanted my baby safe.  My mom ( who's been through 2 c-sections mind you) was more nervous than I was.  So my husband suited up, they wheeled me in to prep me then brought in DH and at 4:10 am I heard my baby scream for the first time. My hubs cut the cord and when they finished his apgars they brought him to me to hold. He was and is the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. 

At birth he weighed 7 lbs 9 ozs and was 20 & 1/4 in long.  

Now for the fun part ( I hope this works!!!)

Right after birth with grandma

Sleeping with momma

3 days old and wiiiiide awake!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Elias Ryan's birth story (a little late!!!) PIP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"