High-Risk Pregnancy

GD Test

My doctor only did the 2 hour test...drew blood after fasting, at 1 hour and at 2 hours.  They said I failed by only 1 point.  They didn't retest, just labelled me with GD.  Has anyone not had the dr test a 2nd time?  This is my 3rd pregnancy, and I have never had GD before.  I just think it's unusual to not retest when I failed by 1 point.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD Test

• Pass or fail, being that you tested that close it is a good idea for you to be on the GD diet anyway.

SK
  • The 2hr test doesn't require retesting. It's also considered to be more accurate in diagnosing GD, which is why more providers are electing to use it
  • my doctor didn't even do the 2 hour for me, i failed both my A1C and my fasting by 1 point each, and they labeled me... i fought it at first, but then decided it was probably best for baby regardless.

FTM

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Navy Wife since 5/22/2010

"Why do I do it?.... because nights alone aren't permanent, missing him reminds me that I'm lucky enough to have someone to miss, and because I'm not afraid to make sacrifices for true love"

• image sstaton1:

Pass or fail, being that you tested that close it is a good idea for you to be on the GD diet anyway.

This. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Like a PP said, I never even got to the 2 hour test.  I was diagnosed based on my A1C at 9 weeks that was 5.7.  This is not even considered pre-diabetic when you're not pregnant.  I was annoyed and angry.  I didn't have GD with my first pregnancy.  So, I thought I would check my blood sugars 4 times a day like they said and prove to them that I was just fine.  Well, my sugars were not fine and I am now on meds.  So, I'm grateful that they caught my GD.

Pregnancy Ticker