Birth Stories

Grayson and Graham's Birth

My husband and I found out we were pregnant with twins and we were shocked!  Neither one of us has twin history in our family.   When we found out we were pregnant, we were in discussion with a mother for our third adoption.  unfortunately, we had to cancel the adoption because we were pregnant ourselves!  

My due date was February 2, 2012.  Thanksgiving day I started to feel pains and we decided to go to the hospital to make sure everything was okay.  We went to the hospital and found out I was having contractions!  My doctors were able to stop the labor and sent me home on strict bed rest a few days later.  I had 3 other kids and was a nurse so bed rest was a real struggle for me.  I obviously left my job but I couldn't stop being a mom so I wasn't as strict as I should have been.

It was the morning of January 5 at about 7:30 and the kids and hubby had just left for the day.  I was cleaning up after breakfast when I started to feel contractions.  They weren't that strong or that close together so I continued to clean and moved on to clean the rest of the house and make sure the twins nursery was all set since they were now coming.   Around 10 I decided to call my husband and let him know what was going on.  He ran home but my contractions were still only 12 minutes apart.  My doctor wanted me to come in when they were 8 minutes apart or when my water broke, which ever came first.  at about 1 pm, my water broke and my husband and I were on our way to the hospital!  I still wasn't in a ton of pain.  When we got to the hospital, my contractions were about 8 minutes apart and I was only 3 cm dilated.  As labor progressed, contractions go stronger and stronger.  I was in more and more pain but was not progressing very fast.  at 6 pm I was 6 cm dilated. They let me get in the tub for a little to ease my pain.  By 8 pm I was still 6 cm dilated.

I was determined to have these babies naturally but as time progressed they kept talking about doing a c-section.  Finally, at 12 am I was 9 cm dilated and could finally start pushing!  I started pushing and at 12:32 am Graham was born!  At 1:35 am Grayson was born!

That was my second pregnancy and I was spoiled with my first with a very easy and quick delivery.  This was so painful.  

My husband and I just found out that we are pregnant with our 6th child so we are hoping for a smoother delivery.  

Re: Grayson and Graham's Birth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"