August 2012 Moms
Options

CD begins

Any helpful hints from other CD moms? Im washing them today. We have bum.genious brand and will have to supplement with disposables until we get more. I have 16 now. Advice? Im nervous ds wont like them and I will have wasted a lot of money.

Re: CD begins

• Options
    Just stick with it! It can take a few days to get a routine, and you have ro figure out what works best for you. I love bg.

Right now we are on vacation and using disposibles, and just had a big blowout. It makes me miss my cloth! Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good for you! We love love love our CDs! Every baby is different but we love our BG! We also use Flips and Thirsties Duo Wraps with prefolds. I hope that everything goes well for you guys. : If you run into any issuesfeel free to ask. Good Luck!

Married 6/28/08, TTC 7/10, BFP 11/30/11! Charlotte Rose born on 8/4/12! TFAS 8/13, BFP 10/14/13! Lori Anne Catherine born on 6/13/14!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love CDing! You just have to figure out a routine that works for you with changing and washing. It's really not much different from using sposies! GL!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck! We love ours too. We have a few BG. Like the others said, with anything you will need to establish a routine. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Good luck! Routine is key, and stick with it. I was having leaks and I figured out I needed some hemp inserts behind the MF insert. It made life so much easier once we weren't leaking anymore!!! Point being, if you have some bumps along the way, things work well for one person and not well for another. So keep up with it. Try, try again with different things and use the CD board. They are so helpful!
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yea for CD! I love my BG's.. The CD board here is awesome if you do hit a snag. My little CD brag is that we went to visit the new daycare lady and she requested that we always bring a change of clothes. I said sure, I'll bring them but we don't have blowouts. She looked at me like, yea right lady, but she'll see!

Enjoy them, I would never do anything else!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We do prefollds and fuzzibunz. I love them! I hardly even think about the laundry. The few times we've used disposables, I feel like his skin gets more irrittated.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options

Like pp said, just give it some time to get into a rhythm.

We use Thirsties one size and the duo wraps.  If you get the diaper cover dirty every time you change your lo's poopy diapers and you have the prefolds folded into thirds, try rolling up the sides of the prefold instead.  This really helped us contain the poop for easier clean up.  I think it is called the jelly roll technique.

Also, Albert soaks through his diapers at night since he's been sttn.  If you notice this you can add inserts, or just use disposables overnight (we do this).

HTH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"