Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

best humidifier?

I am looking into getting a humidifier for my DD's room and I'm not sure what kind would be best. Our house is very dry especially with the heater running so I think it's time to invest in one. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: best humidifier?

• Options
    We just have a warm mist humidifier from walmart, the Sunbeam brand. It has a little medicine tray for essential oils or vicks if you want to use that.  Just make sure it's stays clean bc the warm mist can harbor bacteria if not kept clean. It's filterless so its super easy to clean and they even make a little ball that drops in the water to keep bacteria from growing.  My LO has RSV right now so she's super duper stuffed up.  This has really helped her out a lot with breathing.  I asked my dr if warm or cool mist is better and he said there's really no difference just your preference. It was like $25-30 at walmart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelaurenhankey:
    We just have a warm mist humidifier from walmart, the Sunbeam brand. It has a little medicine tray for essential oils or vicks if you want to use that.  Just make sure it's stays clean bc the warm mist can harbor bacteria if not kept clean. It's filterless so its super easy to clean and they even make a little ball that drops in the water to keep bacteria from growing.  My LO has RSV right now so she's super duper stuffed up.  This has really helped her out a lot with breathing.  I asked my dr if warm or cool mist is better and he said there's really no difference just your preferencIe. It was like $25-30 at walmart.

Ok thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into that! Good to know about the warm/cool difference. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Crane cool mist tear drop one and it's awesome.  Super duper quiet and it has a little light in it so while it's not bright enough to be a night light, it does help.  Crane also makes them in animal shapes were are cute.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options

imageLilygrace48:
    We have the Crane cool mist tear drop one and it's awesome.  Super duper quiet and it has a little light in it so while it's not bright enough to be a night light, it does help.  Crane also makes them in animal shapes were are cute.

Ok! Thanks for the suggestion! Looks like I'll be doing some more research! :) 

• Options
    I have already gone through a bunch of humidifiers to find out that Crane makes the best one as Lilygrace stated.  He has the puppy dog one to go along with the puppy theme :).... Its super quiet and works really well!! A lot of humidifers are really loud and I noticed some started growing mold!
  • Options
    The Crane brand ones are the only ones I have found to actually produce visible humidity. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've had a Crane cool mist one since DS1 was born and love it! We live in a verrry dry climate and it's always on. Medium every day, crank it up to high if anyone's got the sniffles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"