October 2012 Moms
Options

IL update: they're gone!

The saga and drama is over.

Thanks for all your support.

In a nutshell, they tried their best to help  in the best way they know how. But they just wound up getting in the way and actually hurting my ability to bond and BF with baby. After having a meltdown after MIL didn't want to give me my baby to feed him (she wanted to soothe him, and after 20 minutes of enduring his screaming at the top of his lungs, I just grabbed him and stayed pretty much in my bedroom for the rest of their 10 day visit...)

Finally, last night she admitted that E actually knows who his mommy is and is much more peaceful with me. My Gfs think that E was overstimulated with all the visitors - plus he's fighting a belly button infection - and that's why  he's so fussy and why my milk hasn't been quite enough for him.

We've been to the pedi 3 times in eight days now, to fight this infection. I wouldn't allow them to come to the doctor with me, and when DH was at work, I socialized for an hour and then BFed for 2. Rinse and repeat. They wanted more time with him, but so did I. ANd they wanted him to play until midnight with them each night. By Day 5, I put my foot down and took us both to bed at a more decent hour.

Should we do this again, I doubt DH'll push for his mother and sister and father to be there so intimately (as in living with us for the entire time.)

The good news is this: Today is the first day since E was born that I actually was able to take a NAP. I feel so so so much better. AND my milk has come in - FINALLY. Last, baby E is so much happier and less irritated and hasn't cried much at all today. that's very different from when MIL held him. When she grabbed him, he'd just cry and cry and cry. It was awful.

Now all I need to do is replace all the food they ate, and I'll be good to go. NO MORE visitors until December. Seriously. Turns out that I didn't need the help at all...

It's been a very happy Halloween. I feel like a new person. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: IL update: they're gone!

• Options
    I am so glad to see this update and that it sounds like you and baby are doing well! It sounds like you really stuck up for yourself which is great. Hope that everything continues to go well for you all!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

YesX100!

So glad they are gone and you and your baby can rest and bond like you deserve to!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank goodness you got through! You were far more patient than I could imagine being
  • Options
    Yay to IL's being gone, milk coming in and napping! :) Enjoy YOUR time with your LO.  Hope the infection clears up soon. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"