November 2012 Moms
Options

Doctor leaves tomorrow

At my appointment last week my doctor informed me she would be leaving November 1st on vacation and would be gone for a week. I was really upset about this because she delivered DD, and I thought she was absolutely wonderful during the whole labor and delivery process. I am due this Saturday, so at my appointment last week I figured it was still a possibility that Baby would make his or her appearance before my doctor left. Well, I am sitting here still pregnant and reality is that I will most likely have a doctor other than my own (it is either that or go almost a week late like with DD). I wouldn't be too concerned, except I don't know much about the two doctors that will be on call to replace my doctor. I fear that because I haven't been their patient for the last nine months that they won't really care about what I want, etc. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Doctor leaves tomorrow

• Options
    I know it seems scary to have a different doctor but I would try not to stress too much. As long as you are your own advocate for what you want and need you will be fine. If the time comes and you have one of these other doctors make sure they explain anything you aren't sure about.  A week is not that long, your doctor will be back before you know it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

In my hospital it is expected that you won't have your actual doctor for your delivery, so it's something that I've had a while to wrap my head around.

Just try to remember that these are medical professionals, and even if they've never met you they still have your wants and needs in mind. The most important thing is to put trust in them!

Wishing you a smooth L&D and to having your doc if at all possible!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor left this morning, I'm due in 9 days and he will be gone for 17. I know I won't have him there for this delivery and he delivered my DS so I had to get used to that idea too. It's sad, but like others said they are all medical professionals and will listen to your wants and needs and discuss things as needed just as your doctor would. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"