2nd Trimester

VBAC

Anyone a 2nd+ time mom and had a c-section first and then a VBAC or are considering it?  It is still a little early but so far I am cleared for a VBAC.  I am nervous.  My first birth was a scheduled C because of baby size.  I healed great and have a beautiful baby.  Any experiences good or bad that anyone wants to share would be great!  TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: VBAC

  • I don't have any experiences yet, but I'm trying for a vbac with this baby too.  I'm nervous, but there are risks with having a repeat csection too.  I'm going to have a doula this time around too.   There is a vbac board too (<<<<see boards) with lots of success stories and questions answered.

    (Edit:  I used the word "too" a crazy amount of times in that post!  Ack!)

     

     

    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My doc is asking me what I want to do. Did your doc tell you that since you had a csection you can not be induced with this baby? As of right now I'm holding out to see how my pregnancy goes. My daughter was OP so after hours of no progress pushing horrible back labor I ended up being knocked out from exhaustion pain meds had a csection. I'm just scared if I say no I want to try a VBAC then something happens I end up having an emergency csection....scary. I'd like to talk to some moms who did a successful VBACK on their 2.
    XOXO,
    JM

    image
  • DD vaginal, DS c-section because of worries about size... I go back and forth with wanting a VBAC this time. Healing from c-section for me was pretty easy, although I had some nasty yeast issues (sorry TMI). Healing from an episiotomy with DD was pretty rough, not terrible... but even once I was cleared to have sex again it hurt for a good 6months+. Pain and healing doesn't really play into the cards for me because no matter what I have healed and still chose to have another kid. For me I really want a VBAC for the experience of a vaginal delivery. I held DD right away skin to skin, gave her to the nurses maybe 15-20 min after so they could clean her up, then they gave her right back after a few min. With DS he was out, no drama no work, they showed him to me, cleaned him, I got to kiss him... then didn't see him for 3.5 hours. It broke my heart. At one point during DD's birth the doctor brought up a c-section if I couldn't push her out soon.. so I worry with wanting a VBAC this time that I'll do all the work and need another c-section. With two kiddos and family so far away a c-section is more planned and controlled. This probably doesn't help you because I'm all over the map... sorry, haha.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have zero desire to have a VBAC, which is odd to some because I can be fairly 'crunchy' in regards to other things. I think this is mainly because of my labor experience. My amazing OB did not jump to a c-section, in any way. My water had been broken for 26 hours, I had been 10cm dilated for over 4 hours, and it just wasn't happening. She gave me every opportunity to have a vaginal birth, but it was not in the cards for me. After those 26 hours, I had my c-section and I delivered a 8lb 12oz girl from my tiny 4'11 body. I had an amazing recovery, and everything from that point on went smoothly.
    imageimage

    image
    image
    The blog
  • I'm hoping for a med free VBAC. I labored a long time and pushed almost 4 hrs with DD, then had the cs. I it was traumatizing to say the least. I had the classic cascade of interventions starting with the epi. Don't want to go that route again. I've been reading voraciously and reading lots of VBAC success stories on the VBAC board here.

  • I am hoping for a VBAC. DD was frank breech, which they didn't discover until I had already been in labor for 8 hours after my water breaking. My OB is in favor of it, and told me that I am an excellent candidate. He'll let me go till 42 weeks before pushing for a repeat c/s, as long as my fluid levels stay good and there's no sign of fetal distress. My hospital does not allow inductions for VBACs, though, so if I don't go into labor on my own, that's it. I went into labor at 39w2d with DD, so hopefully it'll be similar this time.
    image

    TTC # 2 since June 2011
    June 2012: Clomid + trigger + TI = BFP!

    image
  • image KrystalD7:
    I have zero desire to have a VBAC, which is odd to some because I can be fairly 'crunchy' in regards to other things. I think this is mainly because of my labor experience. My amazing OB did not jump to a csection, in any way. My water had been broken for 26 hours, I had been 10cm dilated for over 4 hours, and it just wasn't happening. She gave me every opportunity to have a vaginal birth, but it was not in the cards for me. After those 26 hours, I had my csection and I delivered a 8lb 12oz girl from my tiny 4'11 body. I had an amazing recovery, and everything from that point on went smoothly.


    Basically this for me too. I did end up with an internal infection but I had a fever before I even got to the OR so I acquired it during my horrific labor. I.really have no desire to attempt a VBAC and have another labor like that again only to have it fail. Scheduled section for me, thanks.

  • My first DD was a c-section due to my baby's size. She was estimated at 10 lbs13 oz and came out 10 lbs 1 oz. Everyone's experience is different but for me, the recovery from my c-section was awful. With my second, I found an OB who was willing to let me try VBAC even with the possibility of another big baby. I did have reservations and was scared just like everyone else, but I ended up having a succesful VBAC with DD#2, who weighed 9 lbs 15 oz. My recovery was so much better with my VBAC so I plan to have another VBAC with this baby. As a PP mentioned, there is a board dedicated to VBAC, you might want to check that out. Good luck with your decision!
  • Definitely check out the VBAC board, lots of great info on there!  It's a really personal decision, and one where there is no right or wrong answer.  Talk to your doc and DH, and decide what you are comfortable with.  For me personally, I'm going to be having a RCS.  DD was a CS due to being breech, and my recovery was great.  I talked to my OB at length, and it just comes down to me being most comfortable with this route, despite being an "ideal" candidate for a VBAC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

    image


    Here comes baby girl #2!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards