Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Breast milk on the go...

Anytime I leave the house and think LO may get hungry....I grab a bottle of breast milk from the refrigerator that was pumped sometime within the week. I just pull it out of the fridge and pour from the pumped bottles into a playtex bottle and put in my bag. I do not put it on an ice pack or anything as it is already cold and is good for a few hours as long as I don't leave it in a hot car or such. Is this ok? What do y'all do? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Breast milk on the go...

• My understanding is that is fine. Expressed breast milk should be good at room temp for 5 hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i breast feed and pump. if i'm keeping it at room temp, i dont store it for more than a half an hour. if im on the go, i definitely put it on ice and it can be stored on for up to 3-4 hours. im not sure thats correct though- thats just what i do.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told by our lactation consultant where I delivered that freshly pumped breast milk was ok at room temperature for 12 hours.  If it's been refrigerated and warmed up, it's safe for an hour.  I was told that you needed to keep it cold once it's been refrigerated.
  • I do the same as you and have done this several times with no issues. I have never heard you need to ice bm.  Its better than regular milk in that its good for hours out of the fridge.  I think you're good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"