Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Any LO's holding their bottle yet?

Is anyone's baby holding their bottle on their own yet? My little guy tries, but can't do it for more than a second. At what age are they usually able to do this?
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Any LO's holding their bottle yet?

• Mine is doing a little grabbing at and holding while eating.  Not too big.  I've noticed what hand she is favoring.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes!! He started doing it a few weeks ago and his babysitter sent me the picture of it! His dad was shocked when he saw him do it last week and was so excited he text everyone a picture of him doing it. DS is 4.5 months.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS started holding his own bottle for entire feedings at around 4.5 - 5 months... 

He now understands that when he isn't getting any, to tip it up a little and it will continue to come out...  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I swear he did it once when he was like 8 weeks and I keep trying to get him to do it now but he can't.  He def tries though and he seems like he wants to!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO started holding it around 4- 4.5 months... he does get distracted and drops it quite a bit. The 6oz bottles we use are much easier than the 8oz ones- I guess they get too heavy.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS isn't yet. I actually asked our pedi about it at our appointment Monday and he said not to worry about it at all, he's seen 9 and 10 month old kids that won't hold their own bottles.
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She can hold her bottle for about 45 seconds with no problems. She's such a strong little girl.
  • Yes, but not for the entire 10-15 min it takes him to finish the bottle. We slowly give him the bottle so as it comes close to his mouth, he grabs for it with both hands. Then he's able to successfully hold it for a little while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
  • I EBF but lately DD started 'holding' my breast like a bottle. It's kind of cute! We might be going out with DH in a few days and my mom will be babysitting - I guess we'll see if she holds a bottle then!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"