North Carolina Babies

Fayetteville/ Fort Bragg?

Are there any Fayetteville/ Fort Brag mommies?..

Re: Fayetteville/ Fort Bragg?

• Yep! Fayetteville! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I work in Fayetteville.  That should count, right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hi, I am in Fayetteville also and due in March, can anyone tell me about having a baby at Womack?  I have Tricare Standard and have been using private doctors (I say doctors because we couldn't find a doctor in town at first and drove to Cary, NC) and have not been impressed with any place in Fayetteville that takes Tricare Standard.  I loved the place in Cary, but it is 2 hours away and I fear when I deliver it will be a nightmare.  I have not heard good things about Womack, and I would like to deliver and recover in a private room and I want an epidural.  When I had my last two kids, they were delivered in a very nice private room and they also cleaned up and checked over my baby in-room and handed them right over to me immediately.  They then took them to get their baths and a more thorough checkup.  Is this the case at Womack or should I stick to using a local doctor and delivering at Cape Fear Medical?  Thanks in advance for any advice!!!  Big Smile

• imageTinaD36:

Hi, I am in Fayetteville also and due in March, can anyone tell me about having a baby at Womack?  I have Tricare Standard and have been using private doctors (I say doctors because we couldn't find a doctor in town at first and drove to Cary, NC) and have not been impressed with any place in Fayetteville that takes Tricare Standard.  I loved the place in Cary, but it is 2 hours away and I fear when I deliver it will be a nightmare.  I have not heard good things about Womack, and I would like to deliver and recover in a private room and I want an epidural.  When I had my last two kids, they were delivered in a very nice private room and they also cleaned up and checked over my baby in-room and handed them right over to me immediately.  They then took them to get their baths and a more thorough checkup.  Is this the case at Womack or should I stick to using a local doctor and delivering at Cape Fear Medical?  Thanks in advance for any advice!!!  Big Smile

I live in Pinehurst, which is about 45 minutes from Fayetteville. There are many military families here, so I am sure there are several doctors that take TriCare. I go to Southern Pines Womens Center and have been very happy with them. I had both my babies at Moore Regional Hospital and while it is not as nice as UNC hospitals, you may be more happy there than at Womack. Good luck and let me know if I can help!

• We live in Spring Lake, but lived in Aberdeen before &moved here this summer to be closer to the base. We have a 10 month old son. I'm shy so I don't have a lot of friends here still & we've been here since January 2011 lol. I delivered at Moore Regional as well, since we lived so far from base & I had tricare prime..I wouldn't want to go to Womack. I've heard good & bad about there though
  • My doctors are at Fayetteville Woman's Care.  Fwc.net

I had both babies at Cape Fear, and Dr. Miner delivered both.  I like the doctors at FWC.  The facilities at Cape Fear had a big upgrade between DS in 2010 and DD in 2012.  The delivery rooms were always nice, but now the room you stay in is nice too.  They have weekly tours  on Tuesdays, so you could get an idea of the facility and see what you think. Here is the link for the tour schedule: https://www.capefearvalley.com/birthcenter/classes.html

• Hi everyone! I'm new to this site. We live in Spring Lake and I've been going to Dr. Grant in Fayetteville. I'm due in July. I haven't really thought about where to deliver but my husband said not to go to Womack if we can help it. There's a brand new hospital that just opened in Lillington, so we are going to go check that out. It would be nice to make some friends because I don't know many people out here. Been out here since March 2011.
  • Hi!

I am at Ft. Bragg. We haven't been here long. I found out I am pregnant about 2 weeks ago. This will be our second child, our daughter is 8.

• I live in Hope Mills but always in Fayetteville and Fort Bragg area. Stay at home mommy with a 4 year old son, 11 month old girl, and due January 2nd :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"