1st Trimester
Options

Enema During Pregnancy

It had been a week since I had a BM.  I called the doctor and he advised that it was okay that I tried using an enema.  I did and had a BM.  Does anyone have any thoughts about using an enema during pregnancy?

I'm due the last week of May 2013.   

Re: Enema During Pregnancy

• Options
    I was SO tempted to do an enema last week, but decided just to have a medium cup of drip coffee instead. Screw the caffeine! Twenty minutes later there was no problem. :) Glad your enema worked- it feels so miserable to be all backed up. I'm sticking with a twice-a-week coffee until that doesn't work anymore.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• Options
    My thoughts are that if your doctor said it was fine, you don't need our validation.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If an enema prevents you from sitting on the toilet for 2 hours while you give birth to a poop the size of your forearm, then enemas are a good thing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I take a couple of fiber gummies every morning to avoid that kind of situation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had bad constipation issues last pregnancy and I downed a 6oz glass of prune juice about twice a week...it is DISGUSTING but it works and you don't have to stick anything in your butt.

Supplemental fiber has never worked for me, just gives me really painful gas. I'd stick with natural sources of fiber if you can. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"