Working Moms

I am SO overweight!

I joined a gym, but have not yet stepped in the door. We are TTC baby #2 and I know I need to lose weight, but I can't find the motivation. I actually wore my maternity jeans over the weekend because  I liked how they looked with my blouse. Ouch! Am I the only one that can't find the motivation to work out?

Re: I am SO overweight!

• I am really motivated but can never find the time! It is so hard to balance it all and still find time to work out!  I would need to exercise at 5am or 9pm to get it in and I am exhausted at both of those hours.  GL to you! Share your tips if you have success!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have always been one who needs to work out, so I make time for it no matter what.  What has helped me post-baby is that we bought a treadmill.  I will get on that sucker every night for an hour no matter what after DD goes to sleep. 

Otherwise, if the weather is nice I will take DD for a 4 mile walk at least each evening.  I drink at least 100 oz. of water per day and count my calories. 

I eat tons of veggies and fruit and do not eat after 7 p.m. and my only snacks are fruit.   You can do it!  You can.  You will feel better if you do work out.  It just makes such a difference! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have zero motivation to work out and even more so when I sit down and figure out how long it would take to lose any kind of significant weight from working out alone.  So, I try and muster up the motivation to eat better/diet and lose weight that way and figure that maybe at some point, once I'm actually losing weight, that might motivate me to work out.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Start out slow.  Even walking on your days off will give you more energy.  I started running/walking when DD was 9 months old and have just started to run 5K's.  I have a super supportive husband who watches DD when I work out for an hour 3 times a week with a running group.  Find a support system out there and I know you can do it!!!  Eat more veggies and fruit too - its a constant battle for me but your body will feel so much better :)  Good luck!! 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Losing weight is 80% diet, and 20% exercise.  Since getting to the gym seems difficult, maybe you can try to work on the diet.  

LO is almost a year old (next Monday) and it took me until this past July to light a fire under my butt to get going. (Lots of jealousy because my friends are all running half marathons and I wasn't fit for a 5k) I am finally down to my pre-prego weight and hoping to lose more.  Sometimes the motivation just has to hit you at the right time.  

PS.  I was wearing maternity clothes until I could fit into my pre-prego clothes...that just happened a month ago. :/ For shame!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"