April 2013 Moms

Can you help me make a fitness plan?

I've always been bad at this. Can any of you help?

I have access to a workout room in my building that has a treadmill, elliptical, bike, and free weights.

I also have a brand new Lululemon yoga mat (score! birthday present) and a prenatal pilates DVD.

What should I do on which day? I need help planning a routine! I'm feeling well and am cleared for exercise :) TIA!  

Re: Can you help me make a fitness plan?

• If you can spare the cost, it may be a good investment to go to a session with a trainer. Check out your local Groupon and other similar coupon sites for good deals. You can probably find one who is trained for prenatal. I've found that they try to give you strange exercises to keep you interested, so if that's not appealing to you, make that clear from the start. GL!
  • I try to do 4 hours of water aerobics, then an hour of yoga at the gym each week. I have a prenatal yoga video, so I was going to do that 5 days a week in addition to what I am doing at the gym. 

Have you been working out up until now? If not, I would try to do 30 minutes on the elliptical 3-5 days a week, then you can add time if you want more of a workout. There are lots of weight routines online. I have a pinterest board with a few pregnancy workouts (and other random stuff.) Maybe find one you like and try it out? http://pinterest.com/kammmmay/prego/ 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Probably the most important thing to consider is how much you worked out pre-pregnancy and what type of exercises you did.

I'm mainly a runner, so I run about 6 days a week and then weight lift 2 days a week (light weights). That's basically what I was doing pre-pregnancy, but I have cut my mileage down significantly. I actually quit logging my mileage and pace; instead I just go out and enjoy the run :) 

I'm not a certified trainer, but my opinion is do what you did before, but cut back if your body tells you to! (or if you have bleeding/excessive cramping, go to the doctor asap)

Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest! image image