April 2013 Moms
Options

~~ Confession Friday ~~

Re: ~~ Confession Friday ~~

• Options
    imagemirroredimage:

I sit on public toilet seats because I think that hovering is what causes pee to get on the seats.  As far as I'm concerned I shower daily so any germs that are on my thighs get washed away.

So all you hovers out there who are scared of toilet seat pee....you're scared of your own pee.  How's that make you feel?

Me too! You're not going to get a disease from a toilet seat. You're more likely to get a cold from your kid or the person in the next office. Just sit and relax for a second.

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been coming to work without eye makeup on at least 2-3 days per week lately and usually just finish putting my face on during break. I'll admit though, that days I don't wear makeup my two male coworkers never attempt stupid small talk with me and I secretly love it.
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

imagebdcram:
    imageSpringPeeper:
    I won't be surprised if we get several "they told us boy/girl, but it's not!" posts in about 4 weeks when people start getting their a/s scans.
    LOL! This.

Lol, me either...successfully might I add.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageJSS1002:

imageBartonBaby:
    i'm really trying to figure out a way to get out of work today..  i'm really not wanting to be here so i'm going to think of an excuse to leave early. 

This is me, every day, lately.

I'm going in to put in an appearance, thne working from home.  All I have to do today is about 800 pages of proposal reading, and I can do that much better from my sofa, in yoga pants.

its just so hard to be motivated right now!  uuhhh

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

[pity party for one]

I'm disappointed in how we're celebrating my birthday. DH always tells me "Don't worry, I've got some ideas!", so then I get excited and think outside of the box of all the things we could possibly do. Without fail, just a few days before he gets exasperated and says "You're too difficult to shop for. I don't know what you want."

So tonight, we're going to grab a dinner and go shopping at the Mall of America . . . which should be perfect, but I always hope, since he says he has ideas, that he's going to come through with a great gift/activity. I'm just let down that for being married for 6 years and his stating he has ideas, he's coming empty handed.

It doesn't help that I have to shoot an engagement session and a wedding tomorrow on my birthday. I then have 6 sessions on Sunday. This crappy weather has resulted in a lot of rescheduled sessions, otherwise I would have had the morning of my birthday and Sunday free. :(

:: wine for my whine? anybody, please? :: 

PnR's: I adore my DH and he is a great man, so I'm not trying to bash him. Just expressing my disappointment over my birthday. I don't expect him to read my mind. He got my hopes up, but unfortunately wasn't able to actualize. 

i'm sorry,..  i had a pitty party for my self recently too over my bday.  it was my 30th on OCT.3 and I didn't get anything except a lowes card from my parents.  i was really let down by my FI this year,,,  *sigh* 

• Options

I have certain friends I purposely ignore texts/calls from for hours (or days) because I KNOW they only want advice/babysitting/favors and are never willing to reciprocate.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageNandaB:
    imagemirroredimage:
    I sit on public toilet seats because I think that hovering is what causes pee to get on the seats.nbsp; As far as I'm concerned I shower daily so any germs that are on my thighs get washed away.So all you hovers out there who are scared of toilet seat pee....you're scared of your own pee.nbsp; How's that make you feel?
    I am totally grossed out by this. I would never touch a strangers bare asss so I won't sit where they sat. But we have seat covers, do you not have those? I also use a piece of tp to lock/unlock the stall because I don't want strangers hooha germs on my hands

Are you saying you bring your own seat covers into public rest rooms? Or that all public rest rooms magically have them? Because most I've been in do not have any type of covers at all.

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemirroredimage:
    Sometimes I worry that my sarcasm and humor comes off as me being a snarky, know-it-all, STM.

sorry this one posted before i could type...  freaky computer is working on its own today.....

• Options
    I have another confession.  I'm about to be on my third helping of breakfast spaghetti.  Which is just spaghetti, but for breakfast.

// I love you too. //

• Options

imagemirroredimage:
    Sometimes I worry that my sarcasm and humor comes off as me being a snarky, know-it-all, STM.

I dont think so.  I typically agree with your posts and dont find them as snarky as some...

• Options
    imageNandaB:
    imageold_time_girl:
    Ds is refusing to eat anything i give him lately. So this morning, he ate an oreo for breakfast. I'm just glad he ate something.

How is this better than nothing? [Not that I wouldn't eat cookies for breakfast, but I wouldn't give them to my kid. Especially if he was refusing real food that he normally eats]

My confession: my munchkin is awake and bouncing in his crib. But he's bot quite crying yet so I'm leaving him for a few more minutes so I can drink my coffee.

It's better than nothing cause he is hungry and just isn't wanting what I'm offering. He was a grump, now he's happy. I'm not giving him cookies every day. Deal with it.
  • Options
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

DH started talking "what if's" about this LO possibly being a girl. Honestly, even though it's a 50/50, it feels like the chips are stacked against us after two [awesome] boys, so it's not something we even talk about.

Last night he said "and if this one [patting my belly] is a little missus . . . " and went one to talk about future family vacations. I've never ever heard DH say "missus" before in my life, but it made my heart stop in the sweetest, most endearing way possible.

I really hope we get a daughter.  

We are exactly opposite!!! We have a daughter together, and MH has a daughter from before we met (I still feel weird saying "stepmom" we've only been married 3 months). He thinks he"can only make girls" but he has FINALLY started saying "if it's a boy, we can..."

I REALLY hope we have a boy.

Which leads to my confession:: I am SO SICK of people asking me what sex we are hoping for, and then they bash me when I say we want a boy. "Well you should be happy with whatever you get, just hope that it's healthy."

yeah, NO SH!T i'm going to be happy no matter what, but you DID ask what sex we were hoping for, didn't you???

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageold_time_girl:
    imageNandaB:
    imageold_time_girl:
    Ds is refusing to eat anything i give him lately. So this morning, he ate an oreo for breakfast. I'm just glad he ate something.
    How is this better than nothing? [Not that I wouldn't eat cookies for breakfast, but I wouldn't give them to my kid. Especially if he was refusing real food that he normally eats] My confession: my munchkin is awake and bouncing in his crib. But he's bot quite crying yet so I'm leaving him for a few more minutes so I can drink my coffee.
    It's better than nothing cause he is hungry and just isn't wanting what I'm offering. He was a grump, now he's happy. I'm not giving him cookies every day. Deal with it.

Not hungry is better than hungry.  Most days DD2 will take what I give her without complaint, but on the rare days when she resolutely refuses to eat sensibly I'll usually just give her something I know for a fact she won't refuse just to get something into her stomach.

// I love you too. //

• Options
    imageBartonBaby:
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

[pity party for one]

I'm disappointed in how we're celebrating my birthday. DH always tells me "Don't worry, I've got some ideas!", so then I get excited and think outside of the box of all the things we could possibly do. Without fail, just a few days before he gets exasperated and says "You're too difficult to shop for. I don't know what you want."

So tonight, we're going to grab a dinner and go shopping at the Mall of America . . . which should be perfect, but I always hope, since he says he has ideas, that he's going to come through with a great gift/activity. I'm just let down that for being married for 6 years and his stating he has ideas, he's coming empty handed.

It doesn't help that I have to shoot an engagement session and a wedding tomorrow on my birthday. I then have 6 sessions on Sunday. This crappy weather has resulted in a lot of rescheduled sessions, otherwise I would have had the morning of my birthday and Sunday free. :(

PnR's: I adore my DH and he is a great man, so I'm not trying to bash him. Just expressing my disappointment over my birthday. I don't expect him to read my mind. He got my hopes up, but unfortunately wasn't able to actualize. 

i'm sorry,..  i had a pitty party for my self recently too over my bday.  it was my 30th on OCT.3 and I didn't get anything except a lowes card from my parents.  i was really let down by my FI this year,,,  *sigh* 

My SIL got engaged on MY birthday (St. Patties Day) at her friends wedding this year and didn't bother to call DH. She just put it on FB at 9:30pm and figure we were asleep. Oh, and this was the one year anniversary of DH proposing to me. There are 365 days in the year, pick a different f'n one. So I didn't eat and just cried and threw a fit for a week I was so pissed. Not to mention we almost threw her out of our wedding (and haven't spoken a word to her since). Everything's always about her and her daughter - never about anyone else and we're so over it. But his parents keep entertaining and enabling it. Needless to say I don't want to celebrate my birthday ever again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    imageSpringPeeper:
    imagevthokie317:

My SIL got engaged on MY birthday (St. Patties Day) at her friends wedding this year and didn't bother to call DH. She just put it on FB at 9:30pm and figure we were asleep. Oh, and this was the one year anniversary of DH proposing to me. There are 365 days in the year, pick a different f'n one. So I didn't eat and just cried and threw a fit for a week I was so pissed. Not to mention we almost threw her out of our wedding (and haven't spoken a word to her since). Everything's always about her and her daughter - never about anyone else and we're so over it. But his parents keep entertaining and enabling it. Needless to say I don't want to celebrate my birthday ever again.

Indifferent

So you were pissed that your SIL's BF proposed to her on a major holiday that also happened to be your birthday and the day you got engaged? And THAT makes you not want to celebrate your birthday? Seriously?

This!  Its not like SHE chose that time and place, HE did.  And was it even at your party?  Seriously, it sounds like everything is always about you, not her.  And to say you cried and threw a fit for a week because of this?  Grow the f*** up

Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    imagemirroredimage:
    imageTnArichmond:
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

Which leads to my confession:: I am SO SICK of people asking me what sex we are hoping for, and then they bash me when I say we want a boy. "Well you should be happy with whatever you get, just hope that it's healthy."

yeah, NO SH!T i'm going to be happy no matter what, but you DID ask what sex we were hoping for, didn't you???

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

People can protest all
    the want but we all have a secret desire to want one sex more than the
    other.  We are human, it's ok!  We also know that there's a 50/50 shot
    that we'll get that sex.  I don't get why people get so huffy when you
    actually answer their question instead of giving you the same lip
    service everyone else does.  Obviously we all want healthy babies.  Does
    it really need to be said?

I'll tell people I'm hoping for another boy and i get "what? Why? You need to have a girl! I think this one is a girl!"
    Ok...then why even ask me?
  • Options
    imageMiss Bri:
    imageSpringPeeper:
    imagevthokie317:

Indifferent

So you were pissed that your SIL's BF proposed to her on a major holiday that also happened to be your birthday and the day you got engaged? And THAT makes you not want to celebrate your birthday? Seriously?

This!  Its not like SHE chose that time and place, HE did.  And was it even at your party?  Seriously, it sounds like everything is always about you, not her.  And to say you cried and threw a fit for a week because of this?  Grow the f*** up

It was <2 months before our wedding so it was my bridezilla moment (and only one at that). She knew he ordered the ring and knew it was all coming so I think she's partly to blame. She was a *** to us the entire time we were engaged bc she was jealous since she thought getting knocked up a few years ago would instantly get her married. Since things haven't worked out that way she's taken it out on us else even tho she created her situation herself. And yes the statement about me not wanting to celebrate my birthday is a bit over the top and not 100% true. But now my bday is permanently associated with this *** and it makes me bitter.

Edit; And there's been tension for years. This was icing on the cake. We've nothing but sent her daughter bday cards, gotten badass gifts, etc and we never get even a thank you text if we're not there for the holidays because we're with my family.  It's simply "expected".So there's a lot like this that's escalated the situation over the years.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I confess that I have different reasons for wanting a boy, and reasons for wanting a girl. It's pretty much 50/50.

I want a boy because A. me and FI both have a girl, so it would be nice to have a boy. And B., my daughter's father had 3 boys after we had DD, so (I know this is immature of me, but whatever, I indulge in immaturity once in a while) I kind of want a boy so I can feel like, "hah! you gave me a girl, but FI gave me a boy! nah nah!" because he wanted a boy SOOO BADLY (he loves DD, don't get me wrong, but he was convinced it was a boy til we found out) and FI wants a boy SOOOO BADLY.

I want a girl because I know how to deal with them and even though I love little boy clothes, girl clothes are so much cuter and I wouldn't mind buying pink all over again. Also, I think it would be cute to say "My girl,  his girl, and OUR girl" lol. And this, not as important because he already went back and said we could have as many kids as I wanted, but FI used to say that if we had a boy we were done, and if it was a girl, we would try one more time for a boy. I always wanted a large family, so I liked having a reason to try again "oh we're trying for that boy!"

Anyway, in the end, I'm awesome with whatever :)

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageold_time_girl:
    imagemirroredimage:
    imageTnArichmond:
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

People can protest all the want but we all have a secret desire to want one sex more than the other.  We are human, it's ok!  We also know that there's a 50/50 shot that we'll get that sex.  I don't get why people get so huffy when you actually answer their question instead of giving you the same lip service everyone else does.  Obviously we all want healthy babies.  Does it really need to be said?

I'll tell people I'm hoping for another boy and i get "what? Why? You need to have a girl! I think this one is a girl!" Ok...then why even ask me?

A lot of friends and family are telling me this baby had better be a boy because I already have two girls.  I mean, I have a vague feeling it might be a boy, and I am kind of hoping I'm right because I do already have two girls.  But if I'm going to be disappointed about anything if we find out it's a girl, it will only be that I'll have to admit I was wrong, lol.

// I love you too. //

• Options

imageSpringPeeper:

God bless you for properly knowing how to edit quotes and taking me out of the St. Patty's day birthday convo. Seriously, bless you. 

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Options
    imageTnArichmond:

To go along with that, I hate that no one even asks us this time. Any conversation about sex begins with "So you're dying for a girl aren't you?", "You went for #3 to have a daughter, eh?" or "Will you have another if you don't get your girl this time?"

Hold up. Desiring a daughter is a very new hope. Most of my life I've hoped for 3 sons! I hate that it's just assumed we need a daughter and that that's why we are having a third child.

• Options
    imageNativeFloridian:
    imageold_time_girl:
    imagemirroredimage:
    imageTnArichmond:
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

&nbsp;Damned if you do, damned if you don't.&nbsp;

People can protest all the want but we all have a secret desire to want one sex more than the other.&nbsp; We are human, it's ok!&nbsp; We also know that there's a 50/50 shot that we'll get that sex.&nbsp; I don't get why people get so huffy when you actually answer their question instead of giving you the same lip service everyone else does.&nbsp; Obviously we all want healthy babies.&nbsp; Does it really need to be said?

I'll tell people I'm hoping for another boy and i get "what? Why? You need to have a girl! I think this one is a girl!" Ok...then why even ask me?

A lot of friends and family are telling me this baby had better&nbsp;be a boy because I already have two girls.&nbsp; I mean, I have a vague feeling it might be a boy, and I am kind of hoping I'm right because I do already have two girls.&nbsp; But&nbsp;if I'm going to be disappointed about anything&nbsp;if we find out it's a girl, it will only be that I'll have to admit I was wrong, lol.

Haha! Yes. I totally will not be disappointed with a girl. I will just have to admit that they were right and i was wrong for insisting on this one being another boy.
  • Options
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

imagerandomnames:
     MH is the same way. I feel bad being disappointed and I try to hide it, but some times I just can't. I know he tries though. My favorite was when he put sticky notes with sweet things on them all over the inside of my car one random day.

At least we know they're trying! The post it note story is adorable! 

My DH is a terrible planner if one thing goes wrong he can't figure out how to move forward with his plans.  I feel really disappointed when he says there is something planned and then nothing happens. I know he feels terrible about it though.  Now when he packs a lunch for me or has to travel for work he will leave me little notes or a letter before he leaves.  It is supper sweet!  His new goal is to do little things to show he cares since he can't pull of anything big.  It's nice to know he cares and is trying.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imagemirroredimage:

I try to do this and it always tells me it's not quoted properly so I cut and paste into a new post quoting everyone.   How do you do this?

The quote has to have the correct beginning and end. Each quote starts with TB memebers involved [ quote user=" mirroredimage"] at the end of your quote it finishes with [ / quote]. To delete someone out you must remove their [ quote user= ] their quote and the finishing HTML [ / quote]. 

I'm no teacher, so I have no idea if that makes sense. 

• Options
    imagevthokie317:
    imageMiss Bri:
    imageSpringPeeper:
    imagevthokie317:

Indifferent

It was <2 months before our wedding so it was my bridezilla moment (and only one at that). She knew he ordered the ring and knew it was all coming so I think she's partly to blame. She was a *** to us the entire time we were engaged bc she was jealous since she thought getting knocked up a few years ago would instantly get her married. Since things haven't worked out that way she's taken it out on us else even tho she created her situation herself. And yes the statement about me not wanting to celebrate my birthday is a bit over the top and not 100% true. But now my bday is permanently associated with this *** and it makes me bitter.

Edit; And there's been tension for years. This was icing on the cake. We've nothing but sent her daughter bday cards, gotten badass gifts, etc and we never get even a thank you text if we're not there for the holidays because we're with my family.  It's simply "expected".So there's a lot like this that's escalated the situation over the years.

who cares if it was just before your wedding and there had been tension for years. you sound like a spoiled brat. your bday and engagement day and even wedding day are not off limits to others.

I love that b/c she knew it was coming she was partly to blame. I can see her now "oh bf I love you so much and I do want to marry you but whatever you do, please do not propose to me on sil's bday/engagement day. you know it will just RUIN  her."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

[pity party for one]

I hope you have a great birthday anyways and have a great night! My birthday is tomorrow too!

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageheddy79:

I hope you have a great birthday anyways and have a great night! My birthday is tomorrow too!

Happy birthday, fellow October 20th'er! 

• Options
    I got a box of 25 donut holes from DD this morning.  The 4 flavors I chose were chocolate, pumpkin, glazed, and caked glazed.  Holy smokes on high were they good.  I didn't eat them all. I started feeling guilty about what LO was eating.  I saved the rest for DH. 
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagerandomnames:
    imageMiss Bri:
    I eat 2 breakfasts [:]nbsp; I'll eat a bowl of oatmeal at home, and then once I get off the bus at work I run into the Starbucks and get a small coffee and one of their fruit amp; cheese boxes usually I get a cheese danish though.nbsp; The last two days I've been really bad and have gotten McDonalds breakfast sandwiches and yes, that is plural, I've gotten the meal and then an extra sandwich!nbsp; I need to stop!!
    Two breakfasts is the way to go! I have cereal with yogurt at home or a breakfast bar in the car if I'm running late, then oatmeal at work.

Hobbits.

• Options
    imageNativeFloridian:
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

imagerandomnames:
    I kind of resent that my sister and her family never come to visit us and always make us take the 6 hour drive. They've only been here twice in 3 years. Once when I was recovering from surgery and once for our wedding. If it wasn't for my niece and nephew we wouldn't go there nearly as often as we do.

It's unfortunate but (and I'm only going off your siggy here, so I apologize if I'm wrong) since you don't have any kids and they have two, I can totally understand why they don't come visit you more.

The 6-hour drive might be an annoyance for you, but I would bet good money it's 100 x harder for them&nbsp;with 2 kids in tow.

I agree with MMHa, you may see them differently once you have LO and realize it's not a cake walk to take a kid of any age on a 6-hour drive.&nbsp; It's especially difficult with two.&nbsp; =/

Oh I totally understand why we do all the driving. But I still kind of resent it because I feel like it's just expected and I don't feel like she understands or acknowledges the time and cost, gas and a pet sitter, etc. And we go a lot, about once a month recently. She asked me to drive out for my nephew's birth, which I happily did, but it also made me kind of sad because I know she won't do that for this LO.

• Options
    imagetinychefjackson:

I have certain friends I purposely ignore texts/calls from for hours (or days) because I KNOW they only want advice/babysitting/favors and are never willing to reciprocate.

Ditto this. 

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageHesterlicious:

imagerandomnames:
    imageMiss Bri:
    I eat 2 breakfasts [:]nbsp; I'll eat a bowl of oatmeal at home, and then once I get off the bus at work I run into the Starbucks and get a small coffee and one of their fruit amp; cheese boxes usually I get a cheese danish though.nbsp; The last two days I've been really bad and have gotten McDonalds breakfast sandwiches and yes, that is plural, I've gotten the meal and then an extra sandwich!nbsp; I need to stop!!

Two breakfasts is the way to go! I have cereal with yogurt at home or a breakfast bar in the car if I'm running late, then oatmeal at work.

Hobbits.

I had elevensies today too. And on Wednesday I had second lunch.

• Options
    I have another confession today:
    There is a seminar going on at my work this week. I just snuck out in the middle of a lecture because I was too hungry to stay any longer.

• Options

imagerandomnames:
    But I still kind of resent it because I feel like it's just expected and I don't feel like she understands or acknowledges the time and cost, gas and a pet sitter, etc. And we go a lot, about once a month recently.

That I can definitely understand and sympathize with. Because we are the ones living "far", we're always the ones driving to visit with family, and like you, it's pretty much just expected. It sucks.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagebriannah1010:

I am in the same boat. My birthday was Tuesday, and we did nothing but go to dinner and he got me roses. I love my husband dearly, but I was really bummed he at least couldn't think of one thing to get me. He said he wanted to take me to get maternity clothes but I think as my husband he could have come up with something better. He spends his time doing other things and I feel like he could have spent a little time thinking of something special for my birthday. His is in December and I already have it planned. I have already purchased Seahawk Tickets for the day of his birthday (bought them in August). Already have the jersey he wanted purchased and am going to take him to his favorite restaurant for breakfast the morning of his day. But all he could come up with was let me take you to go get maternity clothes. NO thanks. Maybe I am being the selfish one, but my birthday was a disappointment also.

Ultimately, I think these examples just outline the difference between men and women.  There are, of  course, exceptions to every rule, so don't make me bust out the flame-retardent suit, but it typically breaks down pretty clearly.  Women tend to be planners, multi-taskers.  Men tend to be problem-solvers with a singular focus.  They just don't think about things the same way we do.  The fact that they remember and make a gesture is great, but it's pretty hard for them to figure out how to pull off the sort of multi-faceted squee-worthy stuff women like to be surprised with, unless it's spelled out for them (which typically means there's no surprise involved).  Dudes like to KIS and uncomplicated, it's how their brains work.

// I love you too. //

• Options
    imageSpringPeeper:
    imagevthokie317:

Indifferent

This. You are coming off as completely self centered and childish. Everyone else's life does not stop for your birthday.

• Options
    imageNativeFloridian:
    imagebriannah1010:

I am in the same boat. My birthday was Tuesday, and we did nothing but go to dinner and he got me roses. I love my husband dearly, but I was really bummed he at least couldn't think of one thing to get me. He said he wanted to take me to get maternity clothes but I think as my husband he could have come up with something better. He spends his time doing other things and I feel like he could have spent a little time thinking of something special for my birthday. His is in December and I already have it planned. I have already purchased Seahawk Tickets for the day of his birthday (bought them in August). Already have the jersey he wanted purchased and am going to take him to his favorite restaurant for breakfast the morning of his day. But all he could come up with was let me take you to go get maternity clothes. NO thanks. Maybe I am being the selfish one, but my birthday was a disappointment also.

Ultimately, I think these examples just outline the difference between men and women.  There are, of  course, exceptions to every rule, so don't make me bust out the flame-retardent suit, but it typically breaks down pretty clearly.  Women tend to be planners, multi-taskers.  Men tend to be problem-solvers with a singular focus.  They just don't think about things the same way we do.  The fact that they remember and make a gesture is great, but it's pretty hard for them to figure out how to pull off the sort of multi-faceted squee-worthy stuff women like to be surprised with, unless it's spelled out for them (which typically means there's no surprise involved).  Dudes like to KIS and uncomplicated, it's how their brains work.

Exactly! Women are planners, men are not. My husband was awesome for my 30th birthday, rounding up friends to go to AC to celebrate. But it was nothing compared to the surprise birthday party I threw for him on his 30th. Sometimes we need to be content with the flowers and dinner. They still love us.

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagevthokie317:

My SIL got engaged on MY birthday (St. Patties Day) at her friends wedding this year and didn't bother to call DH. She just put it on FB at 9:30pm and figure we were asleep. Oh, and this was the one year anniversary of DH proposing to me. You celebrate the one year anniversary of your PROPOSAL? There are 365 days in the year, pick a different f'n one.   And you expect other people to not only remember that you got engaged on that date but also make sure they don't do anything on it?  And it was her BF, not her so why are you hating on the SIL and not the BIL??  So I didn't eat and just cried and threw a fit for a week I was so pissed. Not to mention we almost threw her out of our wedding (and haven't spoken a word to her since). Everything's always about her and her daughter - never about anyone else and we're so over it. But his parents keep entertaining and enabling it. Needless to say I don't want to celebrate my birthday ever again.

And regarding all the underlined - seriously?  Dramatic much??  Holy sh!t!  I agree with a PP that it sounds like YOU think everything is always about YOU and no one else. 

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"