Michigan Babies
Options

Running in the Zombie Dash at 5 weeks

edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies
Last June I had my miscarriage at 10 weeks, we recently got a new positive result and am 4-5 weeks along. Next weekend is the Zombie Dash and will only be 5-6 weeks along, but this will also be my first 5K. I am physically fit, but do not run very often. A few weeks ago (before taking the test) my fiance and I went for a jog and I felt wonderful, not even exaggerating, I felt great! I am worried about the possibility of another miscarriage, but I also had set a goal for this year to run a 5K. I didn't earlier in the year because I found out I was pregnant and then this past summer I was healing, now I have found one that looks fun and I believe I am pregnant again. On top of REALLY wanting to do this, I had also promised my 15 year old stepdaughter-to-be that we would run it together and it will be her first 5K as well and she has been training for it, for the past couple months. I do not want to disappoint her. I'm planning on calling the OB that handled my miscarriage in June, tomorrow. Any insight before I call???

Re: Running in the Zombie Dash at 5 weeks

• Options
    Listen to your body.  If you are already a runner, your body is used to to so you should be okay.  But I wouldn't push it.  I understand not wanting to disappoint children, especiallly step children to be ( My fiance has 2 boys) but you have to put things in perspective for them too.  This isn't just a baby, this is their little brother or sister. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"