Breastfeeding

How long does it take?!

Until they learn how to latch?  Every single time is a battle, the LC just tells me he will learn.  Every time he opens his mouth for a half second at a time and normally while turning his head away.  It gets so frustrating...how long does this last?!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one! My Blog

Re: How long does it take?!

• It's different for every baby. I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I know how frustrating it is. Have you looked at laid back nursing? Google the video, it might help. It saved BFfor me. GL, I promise it does get better.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

imageimageimage
  • My guy was about 3 weeks old before he consistently latched well and stayed awake long enough to effectively transfer milk and we no longer needed to offer a bottle after each feeding. It was frustrating, but I just kept at it and pumped after every feeding to establish/maintain milk supply.
  • My DD didn't get good at it until she was about a month old.  Most of the time, I'd wait until she was fussy, and then shove my nipple in her mouth while she was crying and it was open. It might not have been ideal but it worked.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 Celsete Mae born 10/2/14 at 37w2d ♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

• Took a good two months for me! Hang in there - it does get easier. You just have to stick it out!