May 2013 Moms
Options

Gotta go #2 suggestions...

I know we've talked about this before, but I feel like I've tried most things and I GOTTA go!  In the past 4 days, I've had two doses of MiraLax, 8 doses of Colace, upped my water to 100 ounces per day, been eating fiber, but no luck.  And to top it off, my hemhorroid came out because of my attempts to go.  I need some relief!  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gotta go #2 suggestions...

• Options
    Have a strong cup of coffee...it works and is dr approved.  My doc said I can still have my morning cup, especially if my body is used to it to help me go...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was going on day number 4 of NOT going, I just had a hot chocolate from starbucks and that worked for me! Good luck- it's not fun, I know!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys.  I'll try anything.  I don't remember Miralax not working for me with my other two!  
  • Options
    Ditto strong coffee. It's like clockwork for me.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

Sucky feeling... Sorry!

Just as a side question... Are you on Zofran? I took it my first pregnancy, and had a horrible case of constipation before I figured out its a side effect! 

• Options
    Cheerios works for me.
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • Options
    Maybe try going for a walk to help get things moving? I took my dog for a walk and then walked around an outlet mall yeaterday and lets just say things for very fluid after that!

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Options
    A hot cup of coffee or a hot glass of water with lemon, magnesium citrate is also a natural laxative that has worked great for me in the past, might want to check if it's okay to use during pregnancy first though. Good luck!
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    Agreed, a cup of coffee and it seems to be more effective for me on an empty stomach. Also try physillium husk fiber capsules. I take 3 caps, 3 times a day and it fixes me right up by the next morning, if not sooner! I actually feel like I lost about 5 lbs from having a few good BM's this week so the bloat is finally gone, I feel like a new woman!
  • Options
    Fiber Gummies! I eat 2 every night before bed and have been going regularly every morning like clock work. I also have done the metamucil orange powder that you mix with water and drink (tastes like Tang) so its not to bad and that helped, but man-o-man those gummies have been a life saver for sure!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Squatty Potty. Seriously. 

• Options
    prunes, prunes, and more prunes.  Not my favorite but it's "natural" and works :)
  • Options
    imagekaco414:
    Agreed, a cup of coffee and it seems to be more effective for me on an empty stomach. Also try physillium husk fiber capsules. I take 3 caps, 3 times a day and it fixes me right up by the next morning, if not sooner! I actually feel like I lost about 5 lbs from having a few good BM's this week so the bloat is finally gone, I feel like a new woman!

Psyllium fiber has been helping me too! I take a few pills throughout the day and it has kept me regular and reduced bloating.

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Options
    prune juice, it's gross but it works
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    An apple a day is what finally worked for me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • Options
    Glycerin suppositories. My ob recommended them last time because zofran had me so backed up. Its the only thing that worked for me. But my diet consisted of only carbs at the time because my ms was so bad, so that certainly wasnt helping. After 9 days, a suppository is the only thing that helped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have found that prunes work really well. I was using Metamucil and that works as well but the prunes are easier.
  • Options
    What about lots of fruit? I remember eating two or three apples when I was younger and spending lots of time in the bathroom afterwards! Lol.

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    I'm sitting here drinking prune juice right now. It's been working pretty well for me so far, but doesn't seem to be getting things moving today. Plus it's ridiculously high in calories so I think I need to adopt some of these other methods!
  • Options

I just want to commiserate.  It's been almost 2 weeks since a good one.  I haven't started trying the fiber supplements but it's getting close.  Finally had some movement tonight but so small for all that work.  Hopefully that will be enough to allow things to start moving again tomorrow.  I'm also under a lot of stress and was traveling this weekend so those things don't help. 

Finally able to start eating some veggies so hopefully that will help as well.  I haven't been able to get any fruits or veggies down for weeks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Broccoli works for me.

Also, if you're not cramping too bad, there are some good yoga exercises to help things move along better. This video has some good ones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgEdETH3rno

GL!

BFP #1 - 9/7/12 (my 35th bday!) EDD - 5/15/13 DS born 5/13/13

BFP #2 - 7/5/14 (total surprise!) EDD - ????

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    prunes, prunes, and more prunes.  Not my favorite but it's "natural" and works :)

This is what I do. I actually froze some prune Juice and when it gets to be a few days with nothing, then I thaw some and take it down. I'll continue every day until relief. Each serving is about a cup that I take.

VOTE on my Name List
    Check out my Team Green baby names! P.S. I'm not serious with any of the names
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 9/7/12, EDD 5/15/13
    MW interview said 5/17/13 and changed back to 5/15/13 after first visit
  • Options
    Fleet enema! It's a miracle worker. Check with your doctor first. But that's the only thing that worked for me.
    image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"