April 2013 Moms

2+ Moms...

A friend of mine found this article and it made me laugh a bit. It's so true! (for me, at least!)

The Top 10 Difference Between Your Second and First Pregnancies

10.  First Pregnancy:  You devour every single weekly pregnancy milestone update from BabyCenter.com and know exactly what kind of fruit/vegetable your baby currently resembles.

Second Pregnancy:  ?How far along am I?  Um, let me see?maybe somewhere in the first trimester?  Wait, no, third.  I think.?

9.  First Pregnancy:  You diligently avoid all caffeine, alcohol, sushi and other supposed pregnancy no-nos.

Second Pregnancy:  ?Make it a DOUBLE ESPRESSO.  And bring it up to the bathroom where I?m going to be snorting aspirin in a steaming hot bath.  Thanks!?

8.  First Pregnancy:  ?Yay!  I?m starting to show!?

Second Pregnancy:  ?Oh, God.  I?m starting to show.  AND I?M ONLY ONE WEEK PREGNANT.?

7.  First Pregnancy: You play French folk music and Learn Japanese CDs before going to sleep in hopes of giving birth to a multilingual genius with an IQ of 150.

Second Pregnancy:  Screw the folk music.  Nothing wrong with having a child of mediocre intelligence!  Because, let?s face it, you want to go to sleep as soon as you can when you already have a child with another on the way.

6.  First Pregnancy:  You feel the baby kick around 20 weeks.

Second Pregnancy:  You feel the baby kick around 12 weeks.  And why is that?  ?Your muscles aren?t as strong the second time around, so you feel it more,? Candy?s OB says.  *SIGH*  A simple ?you?re more in-tune with your body? would have sufficed, doc.

5.  First Pregnancy:  YOU:  Guess what?  I?m pregnant!  FRIENDS & FAMILY:  Yaaaaayyyy!  This is the best news EVER!

Second Pregnancy:  YOU:  Guess what?  I?m pregnant!  FRIENDS & FAMILY:  Oh.  Neat.

4.  First Pregnancy:  You buy a ton of maternity clothes to show off that beautiful, blossoming bump.

Second Pregnancy:  It?s all about sweatpants.

3.  First Pregnancy:  You have outdone yourself with the nursery, which is beautiful enough to be displayed in the pages of House Beautiful.

Second Pregnancy:  You?re not even sure where you?re going to put the kid.  Put a blanket in a dresser drawer, perhaps?

2.  First Pregnancy:  You rub cocoa butter on your stomach every day to avoid stretch marks.

Second Pregnancy:  You quickly throw on your sweats to avoid looking at the stretch marks caused by your first pregnancy.

1.  First Pregnancy:  You and your baby are celebrated at a fun baby shower.

Second Pregnancy:  You are lucky if you have the time to take a hot shower.

(here's the link if you want to see the site, since I can't get the clicky link to work:  http://thelaughingstork.com/blog/2011/01/12/the-top-10-differences-between-your-second-pregnancy-and-the-first/)

photo a926dd882ad811e3851d22000a1fb71f_7_zps0f1cc088.png
Big Sister - 7/12/11
Little Sister - 4/28/13

Re: 2+ Moms...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards