A friend of mine found this article and it made me laugh a bit. It's so true! (for me, at least!)
The Top 10 Difference Between Your Second and First Pregnancies
10. First Pregnancy: You devour every single weekly pregnancy milestone update from BabyCenter.com and know exactly what kind of fruit/vegetable your baby currently resembles.
Second Pregnancy: ?How far along am I? Um, let me see?maybe somewhere in the first trimester? Wait, no, third. I think.?
9. First Pregnancy: You diligently avoid all caffeine, alcohol, sushi and other supposed pregnancy no-nos.
Second Pregnancy: ?Make it a DOUBLE ESPRESSO. And bring it up to the bathroom where I?m going to be snorting aspirin in a steaming hot bath. Thanks!?
8. First Pregnancy: ?Yay! I?m starting to show!?
Second Pregnancy: ?Oh, God. I?m starting to show. AND I?M ONLY ONE WEEK PREGNANT.?
7. First Pregnancy: You play French folk music and Learn Japanese CDs before going to sleep in hopes of giving birth to a multilingual genius with an IQ of 150.
Second Pregnancy: Screw the folk music. Nothing wrong with having a child of mediocre intelligence! Because, let?s face it, you want to go to sleep as soon as you can when you already have a child with another on the way.
6. First Pregnancy: You feel the baby kick around 20 weeks.
Second Pregnancy: You feel the baby kick around 12 weeks. And why is that? ?Your muscles aren?t as strong the second time around, so you feel it more,? Candy?s OB says. *SIGH* A simple ?you?re more in-tune with your body? would have sufficed, doc.
5. First Pregnancy: YOU: Guess what? I?m pregnant! FRIENDS & FAMILY: Yaaaaayyyy! This is the best news EVER!
Second Pregnancy: YOU: Guess what? I?m pregnant! FRIENDS & FAMILY: Oh. Neat.
4. First Pregnancy: You buy a ton of maternity clothes to show off that beautiful, blossoming bump.
Second Pregnancy: It?s all about sweatpants.
3. First Pregnancy: You have outdone yourself with the nursery, which is beautiful enough to be displayed in the pages of House Beautiful.
Second Pregnancy: You?re not even sure where you?re going to put the kid. Put a blanket in a dresser drawer, perhaps?
2. First Pregnancy: You rub cocoa butter on your stomach every day to avoid stretch marks.
Second Pregnancy: You quickly throw on your sweats to avoid looking at the stretch marks caused by your first pregnancy.
1. First Pregnancy: You and your baby are celebrated at a fun baby shower.
Second Pregnancy: You are lucky if you have the time to take a hot shower.
(here's the link if you want to see the site, since I can't get the clicky link to work: http://thelaughingstork.com/blog/2011/01/12/the-top-10-differences-between-your-second-pregnancy-and-the-first/)