Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Please help me sleep/daycare problem

LO had been STTN since he was 6 weeks old (I was extremely fortunate).  I went back to work last Monday and he started daycare.  Since starting daycare he is up 4x a night.  He does not want to eat - he just wants his pacifier. 

I don't know how much longer I can do 4x a night plus working full time... plus a 3 1/2 year old that just started having nightmares. 

I spoke to the daycare today to ask them not to use the paci to put him to sleep (we don't) and if he is sleeping and he wakes up and loses the paci (if they gave it to him) then his nap is over. 

He doesnt have "set naps" yet.   They are able to get him to sleep 2 and 3 hours 3x a day at school. 

Is there anything else you can think of that may be causing this.  He seems to be eating enough.  Im so exhausted I just want to cry at this point.  TIA

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Please help me sleep/daycare problem

• Could it be the 4 month curse that I hear so much about?

When babies are all of a sudden up at night since they are becoming more aware and wanting to interact with you?

Do you run into his room as soon as he starts to fuss or do you let him try to self soothe?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• HI! This sounds a lot like the 4 month wakeful, google it if you don't know about it. Our little girl has been going through this for the last few weeks. It is frustrating and I feel like you but it I am told it gets better. We are fortunate that she only wakes up about once a night but she also wakes up about 15 minutes to no more than 1 hour after I put her down. All I have to do is walk in there and soothe/feed her for a few minutes and she is back out. However, she usually wakes up 6-8 hours later. It is not fun but I am told it's b/c they are learning so many new things and they no longer have the "bonding" time they had before. So, cherish it, or try to without falling asleep while feeding/rocking him like I did with my little girl.

Our pediatrician told me that I should put my daughter down in her crib before she is all the way asleep. So, I feed her and then when I think she is going to fall asleep, I give her the pacifier and I walk out of the room. The bad thing is that she falls asleep so fast that I am not always able to do this. GL. I work too and it's really hard but I keep telling myself it's a stage.

• Loading the player...
  • Could be the 4 month wakeful or it could just be your LO reacting to you going back to work.

A lot of babies wake more at night once the mother returns to work because their normal is out of wack. My Pedi said it is their way of making sure she is still around... ie waking up every few hours to see you. 

Hopefully it figures itself out in the next few weeks. I am going back to work on Monday and am NOT looking forward to this behavior either.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It takes a couple weeks for LOs to adjust to their new routine, usually. But, do you really mean that your LO naps for 6-9 hours out of the day at day care?  That is a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:
    It takes a couple weeks for LOs to adjust to their new routine, usually. But, do you really mean that your LO naps for 6-9 hours out of the day at day care?  That is a lot.

This. If LO is in fact sleeping 6-9 hours during the day, then LO may not be tired enough to STTN.

Photobucket
  • imageJess & Drew:

imagemabenner1:
    It takes a couple weeks for LOs to adjust to their new routine, usually. But, do you really mean that your LO naps for 6-9 hours out of the day at day care?  That is a lot.

This. If LO is in fact sleeping 6-9 hours during the day, then LO may not be tired enough to STTN.

Agreed.  My LO has also been STTN since 6 weeks.... We're so lucky!  Sleeping that much at daycare is what is keeping him awake.  You wouldn't want to sleep at night if you slept all day!  My LO sleeps for 3-4 hours max through out the 9 hours he spends at daycare, and there has been no changes in his STTN routine. 

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"